Lost 40% battery in two hours with light use? WOW

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I lost 50% during the night. I have charged the phone, reboot and then removed the cable off and let it alone. This morming was at 50% left. The Android OS has 67% of that. I already tried all the other tips and tricks posted at another thread. Google + , Facebook has been removed, location service are off. That is using the extended battery....

Do you have any task killers or battery managers installed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Didn't know the battery will be this poor. Woke up at 12pm with 90% battery. Made a few text. Made one phone call. No browsing. At 2PM, battery is now down to 50%! LOLOL I don't think there will be a fix for this.

No, there wont be a fix for your faulty phone and/or battery outside of exchanging them for a new one. Also, LOLOLOL.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Here's a screenshot of my battery stats I took a little while ago (kind of a fairly light use day, but still):

KET9B.png

mjd9ball

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I think its too early to judge the hardware yet - I have had wildly varying results but I know that there are a lot of factors involved. I am moving in and out of signal areas, changing radio settings, changing apps, etc... so it is very difficult to get a good baseline unless you have more than one phone, completely stock, sitting in the same location for the duration of the test. Also keep in mind most apps are still not specifically certified or optimized for ICS - that can be a factor on top of everything else. Give it some time and a few patches; if it bothers you that much then it really isn't worth dealing with, is it? Personally I like the phone enough to charge when it needs it, plus I have a million micro-USB cords and adapters so they're everywhere...

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Same issues here. The batter gets drained way too quickly. Even on idle. Not only that but it takes way too long to recharge. I've calculated that it takes about 1 minute per percent to recharge. That is way too long. I came from a Moto Droid 1 and it would do it in half the time if not, better. I'll mess with the setting to make it more efficient but the batter issue needs to be resolved.

I am also coming from a Droid 1, and i can report that this phone charges quick. How are you charging it? If its on a usb port on another device it will charge slower. If you plug it directly into the wall with the adaptor it will charge faster. I can charge my extended battery from 2%-100% in about the same time the Droid did and it has a smaller battery.

I also get 18 hours total, screen on for 3h 30m, wifi always on, bluetooth always on, screen at 1/2 brightness, which seems awesome for a device like this. Maybe your expectations are unrealistic for an LTE device.

Drosul

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I also get 18 hours total, screen on for 3h 30m, wifi always on, bluetooth always on, screen at 1/2 brightness, which seems awesome for a device like this. Maybe your expectations are unrealistic for an LTE device.

I'm getting nowhere near that.... Screen on lowest setting, 4g, BT-off.... Doing nothing but watching video, and my device will be DEAD in under 3.5 hours.... 76+% of the power draw being the screen.

Dissapointed in the batt life but it wasn't out of the realm of expectation (take every other 4g phone, put a Gnex sized screen on it, and the batt life would be worse) . I wish they'd come out with a REAL extended battery, however.... but I'm looking into one of the portable charger things, as that could easily fix my issues.

Cbarry05

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Didn't know the battery will be this poor. Woke up at 12pm with 90% battery. Made a few text. Made one phone call. No browsing. At 2PM, battery is now down to 50%! LOLOL I don't think there will be a fix for this.

My settings
-Brightness at 25%
-Wifi on
-Mobile data off
-GPS locations turned off
-background data restricted
-all apps stopped
- G+ disabled
-All sync disabled

I noticed that my battery got better after 4 charges with the phone turned off

Gherkin Savorus

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I had something similar happen today. I have an extended battery and hit about 27 hours of life the other day with light-moderate usage. Earlier today I managed about 6 hours with the same usage. This is 30 minutes of browsing, about 45 minutes of Netflix, and the rest of the time idling (this was after swiping away all my apps - I know the app switcher isn't a true task killer but it's not like I ran something deliberately in the background)

Only major difference seems to be that I rebooted this morning. I'm thinking something odd happened with the reboot. There definitely seems to be a bug affecting the battery life.