1st 48 Hours with my 128GB 4XL

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'm now at 7 days with the Pixel 4xl. I took some time away from the Note 10+ because, well, I'm a dork. The Note 10+ is a great phone.

I've read a lot of posts here and other places. I've read reviews from a lot of people...here and other places. And there are a few things I've gleamed from those reviews.

-Spec happy people will never be happy with a Pixel
-Many people rely on what others think too much
-Too many people insist that specs are the way to go
-Like religion, many people try and impose their likes/dislikes on others. Examples are Screen on time, FPS
-There needs to be a category called Functional

The pixel is a phone that focuses on functional, specs be dam. I'm pretty sure I am not qualified to determine if improved spec would increase functionality at this particular moment in time. I can only say, does this phone, as is, meet my expectations.

I have the Note 10+, a Spec seekers dream device. Am I happy with it. Yes. Everyday I discover something new or different. Photos are color blasted...but nice. Colors explode out of the screen in pics. My grass has never been greener. My roses never redder, my chickens never browner or blacker. My friend Rajesh, never darker. There are things on the Note 10+ I may never discover. The big thing, I traded a different phone in with the Note 10+ and got it for $499, plus samsung buds and a case. Otherwise the Note 10+, for me, would be a reach purchase in that the phone is too much for me. Consider, that Samsung again this year is in the red. Its subsidy of new phone launches are good for us users...but ..not good for the company. Who knows...maybe google will buy them.

The pixel on the other hand is very functional. Pics, easy to do, share easy to do, message, game, social , easy to do.

So the choices I had to make in this last week....A phone that was too much or a phone that was functional.

I retire in 63 days. I think I'm leaning to the functional.

Great post! Good luck with your choice. Hope you enjoy your retirement, they have been the best years of my life! ??????

Vega007

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
I carry a drivers license
With a LTC permit.
2 credit cards.
Fishing license

All in a small pack.

I've had my identity stolen 3 times.

My credit is locked up.

Nobody I know used pay from their phone.
One of my neighbors is a auditor.

He don't even use it.

You have had your identity stolen 3 times yet you won't use Android or Samsung Pay because that is the problem? lol, okay.

Pixelfan56

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
functional is a perfect way to describe it
reliably functional even better, no glitches, no restarting, no wondering if the new update works with the skin overlay or when the new update is coming
Andriod 10 gestures on this phone are extremely quick and intuitive, i dont miss the buttons anymore in the least

My XL has been off the charger for 12 hours today and i have 2.5 hours of screen on time and alot of phone calls (2 hours total voice to voice all cellular, screen off) and I have 53% battery. I easily made it through the day thus far and have chosen not to charge at all even when readily available. I also used GPS navigation via Waze a couple of hours today.

WOuld I want Iphone Pro Max battery life and Display brightness... YES!
Would I want Pro Max 4k60FPS...YES
Would I want to download itunes on my thinkpad and have to use IOS and its notifications and lack of customization....NO
Would I want to wait for updates and new OS launches for months with no given timeline and deal with a skin overlay/bloat of some sort...NO

I like Android in this pure, native form (and really like the features and control in Android 10), but hey all this is just me and its all subjective.

so functionally this phone works reliably no matter what I have thrown at in a week and it is very snappy. yes it could be better but no one else fits the criteria above

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I am less than 24 hours in with my 4 XL, but surprisingly have some performance issues. Google Play Store has been horrible. It is slow, freezes, updates stall and it just does not work very well. An app called Android System WebView stalls while updating over and over. I tried clearing cache, etc. but it still works poorly. Some other apps stutter and the gestures, while working okay, are not very smooth.

Battery life is not as good as the other phones I have been using, but it is early. I will have to see how that goes.

It feels as if it needs the old-fashion wipe cache partition.

As others have mentioned, most apps do not work with facial recognition. Hopefully, they will get on board.

Otherwise, it has been good. The jury is still out on whether I will keep it, or not.

ive seen people talk about this in other forums and say that there were apps that needed to get updated and once that was done everything worked smoothly.

Vega007

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
WOuld I want Iphone Pro Max battery life and Display brightness... YES!
Would I want Pro Max 4k60FPS...YES
Would I want to download itunes on my thinkpad and have to use IOS and its notifications and lack of customization....NO
Would I want to wait for updates and new OS launches for months with no given timeline and deal with a skin overlay/bloat of some sort...NO

You don't have to use iTunes anymore to use iPhones. It has been that way for a while now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali