is there any way to rotate videos gut you tube

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
my dad took a video of me shooting pistols and half of it is sideways! is there a way to edit it so that it is all correctly oriented?? I want to put it on youtube but I don't want people having to turn their screens sideways!!
ps, when shooting vídeos how should you orientate your phone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

DrPancake

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
you probably have to look up some video editing tool on the computer to do that.

I always hold it in landscape when video/pictures

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
ok, thanks. if anyone knows of a good free program that would do that I'll all ears.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Windows movie maker (which is already built into windows) allows rotation I believe, but you have to save it in a different format (wmv or avi). Doesn't really matter for an upload to YouTube though.

It's been a few years since I've used it, but I think that's correct.

*customized tapatalk signature*

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Try movie maker right on the GNex. Import the movie clip then export it, it plays upright maybe it uploads upright too.

iclickjohn

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
When shooting video, you must be in landscape. (for viewing on youtube and monitor) Also, I don't believe there is any consumer grade software that will rotate a portion of the video taken in portrait position. This may mean you get to go spend more time shooting to redo the video.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kesnik

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
When shooting video, you must be in landscape. (for viewing on youtube and monitor) Also, I don't believe there is any consumer grade software that will rotate a portion of the video taken in portrait position. This may mean you get to go spend more time shooting to redo the video.

False

In a video editing application simply cut the video into 2 segments, one with the correct orientation and then add the entire clip again and start the video where the orientation is correct, rotate the entire second clip so that its correct. If you do this correctly the content will be seamless however you may have formatting issues because the aspect ratio will also be rotated.

-kesnik

iclickjohn

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I was saying "must' as in for a quality video. If you turn a portion of the video that was taken in portrait position and rotate it and place it back with the portion that was in landscape, it's going to look jacked. You might be right that it could be done..... After all there is the bewildabeast.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I was saying "must' as in for a quality video. If you turn a portion of the video that was taken in portrait position and rotate it and place it back with the portion that was in landscape, it's going to look jacked. You might be right that it could be done..... After all there is the bewildabeast.

the portrait part will have black bars on its sides

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87