Face Unlock + other issues?

machiz7888

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I'm on my second nexus... (first one had the crosshatch pattern) the guys at the vzw store made it clear that this was my only replacement.

But I feel like face unlock is working slower on this one, by that I mean, on my old phone when i pushed the power button the camera turned on with the screen(or almost instantly), this phone takes a few seconds (once the screen even turned off before the camera came on to recognize me).

Also I've had a few 3g + wifi issues, where I'll stop getting and sending texts when I'm on my wifi (data still works[i.e. can browse the web]) turning off wifi fixes it.

Finally I tried the time lapse feature to watch candles burn down on hanukkah.... but the phone crashed at somepoint... and sometimes the phone just crashes when I'm doing normal stuff.

Anybody else experiencing this? or have solutions or is this phone just a lemon?

sccpmusc26

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
You have 14 days. How can they clearly state it's your last exchange? Return it if you're unhappy and go buy another one somewhere else.

machiz7888

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Because I'm an idiot and switched the account from my father's name to my own after purchasing my phone, which apparently gives up all my rights... awesome. The sales guy told me because I was buying the warranty I should be covered anyways. lies.

So... these are all just my phone?

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Because I'm an idiot and switched the account from my father's name to my own after purchasing my phone, which apparently gives up all my rights... awesome. The sales guy told me because I was buying the warranty I should be covered anyways. lies.

So... these are all just my phone?

That's not right. I swapped out my GN twice, the first reason was for the same reason and the second was because there was a problem with the vibrator mechanism (it was making a rattling sound). However they should most definitely swap it out a second time if you have a problem. If you can't do it in store, try calling. I know that it's not satisfying having to wait for a replacement to come in, but if your store won't do it, call in and then tell them that the store wouldn't do it for you.

Where is your store? If you don't mind me asking.

Oh and, if you purchased the phone and you have the receipt, then you have a right as a customer to return it if you have a defective product.

Last edited:

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Here's the good news about Verizon: Every time you go in you'll get a different story. Nobody at any Verizon store really knows the rules. Just keep going in until you get the story you want.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Here's the good news about Verizon: Every time you go in you'll get a different story. Nobody at any Verizon store really knows the rules. Just keep going in until you get the story you want.
Boy ain't that the truth. I mean for all you know the guy was making cappucinos the day before lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa