Music Apps Shutting Down When Screen Off

homemadehitshow

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a problem that I had on my OG Droid. Non streaming music apps, such as Listen, Rhapsody, Amazon, Music) playing local files will shutdown after the screen goes off. So I am playing music, I let the screen auto off, then after 4 or 5 songs it stops playing. If I start it up again it's paused at the spot I left off.

I'm not running any complex apps or major memory hogs.

Any ideas ? Any apps that can keep things locked into memory?

Eggshen

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure why you're having this issue. I also had an OG Droid, then a Bionic and now the Nexus. None of these phones had this issue, and I listen to Howard Stern so his shows are hours long. I've used Google Music which I'm not a big fan but it doesn't have this issue. The default Music app and also Poweramp, but mostly the default Music app.

The only thing that I can think of is if you're using the headphone jack and you move it slightly, sometimes that movement can stop the playback. This happened all the time on the OG droid, hated how cheap Moto went with that port.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I have this happen sometimes. It sometimes stops after 30 minutes of playing Google Music. This includes tracks that are made "offline" and I don't have any speakers plugged in (so it's not a faulty "unplugged headphones" message causing a pause)

radsaq

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm also seeing this when listening to spotify. :( Perhaps there are additional flags the developers need to set on their playback services? I hope it's something as simple as that.

hitskyn

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I have seen this happen with offline and online music and it seems to coincide with me getting email. Not sure if this is the case or not but seems seems to occur.

I did not notice this with my DX. But I didn't use that for music a lot. Just recently decided to ditch the iPod and use the Nexus for music.

homemadehitshow

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
mmm, that email factor might be worth me looking at. I definitely got email during the time I was having the problem, I'll have to see if that's the trigger.

Why would I be using Advanced Task Manager ??

Dwfolke

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I was dealing with the same thing. If you have the juice defender app, it shuts down data unless you change the options. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89