Updated.. Copy and Paste from Gnex to PC issues..

rokstarr

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having problems copying files from the Gnex to the PC? I have a Win7 64bit laptop and I have my Gnex unlocked/rooted/4.0.3 radios installed. I use titanium backup and when I go to make a copy of the TiBu folder to my computer so I can wipe and reload stock 4.0.2, it only goes about 1/2 way and then stops. Its about 43mb worth of stuff.. 65 files... it only copies 33 of the files. If I select all, copy/paste, it does this... if I select all, cut/paste, it does this too and wont remove the original files from the Gnex. If I just drag and drop the whole folder to the desktop, same result. WTH am I doing wrong here?? I connect as MTP or PTP device and same result.

Last edited:

rokstarr

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Copy and Paste from Gnex to PC issues..

Anyone? I just tried it again but on my desktop which also is Win7 but 32bit, still the same thing but this time, its only transferring 1 file and stopping. I have done as much searching as I can and cant seem to find any answers on this. Any suggestions??

rokstarr

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Copy and Paste from Gnex to PC issues..

Ok so even weirder.... I just tried another USB cable.. that didnt make any difference. I remembered that from the other day, when I was changing files or modifying anything on my Gnex and then plugged it in to my computer, I was not able to see any of the changes until I rebooted the phone. So I just did that now and I was able to then copy the entire folder to my desktop. What is that all about? Am I the only one experiencing this that I have to reboot after any changes in order for the PC to see them when plugged in? I remember 1 time yesterday that I had it plugged in to my laptop for a long period of time and eventually, the changes showed up as I saw the new folders populate at the bottom of the list... I just dont think this is normal but need to know if anyone else is having the same issue or similar.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
There are lots of people with this issues and lots (including myself) with no issues.

The only resolutions I've read are to:
1. Use the cable that came with the Nexus.
2. Make sure you're using a high speed USB port.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Do a search in this forum on copy pics or just the word copy. Others have had this problem and I think Google is aware of it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded wugs toolkit and installed all files. After I unlocked and rooted my phone works perfectly with transferring files (pics,folders,music, etc.) Before i would not even be able to transfer a photo, with out it freezing or stalling out. I think even if you don't root or unlock it still downloads all the correct drivers and your set. Give it a shot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

rokstarr

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I actually am unlocked and rooted now. After rebooting the phone, I was able to transfer all the files in my TiBu folder without issue but that is pretty lame that I have to reboot the phone after anything changes to be able to transfer it to the computer. I did flash everything back to the original 4.0.2 but left it unlocked and then rerooted it so I could get the 10 or 15 things I backed up using TiBu. I didnt want to backup everything just in case something was corrupted. Everything seems to be smooth but these radios are horrbile.

I left my house today to run some errands and was on wifi when I left, didnt think anything of it until I got to my destination.. pulled out the phone, data connection was 3G. So I turned airplane mode on/off, then it wouldnt reconnect to data at all. I waited 5 mins and still nothing. Had to power cycle, came back on, still no 4G and mind you, I'm in a good 4G market. Put the phone to cdma only, it connected to 3G after a min. Got back home, turned 4G back on, took it another 2 mins to connect back to 4G. I don't discount that something may have been up with the area I was in but come on... these radios are really bad and super slow. When I had the 4.0.3 radios, I didnt get better signal, just seemed to connect better and faster but I wanted to get ready in case an official release comes in the next 1-2 weeks.

rokstarr

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87