Had some network issue

StuckwVerizon

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I received my Galaxy Nexus yesterday. It seems like box was already opened and someone already took out the sticky plastic cover on the phone. So I called Verizon and they will ship me the replacement, however they told me to just use this phone while I wait for the replacement. So I play with it last night. I am pretty happy with the device however my 4g network is keep dropping. When I have the 4g connection, it's unblievable, I got 33Mbps download last night. However, every 30min to an hour, it drops. And I had to wait like 30+ sec to get the network connect again. What should I do? Is this something wrong with this device or all the GN have this issue? It's really annoying. And I came to work this morning, I take the nyc subway to work, and when I am out of subway, no network connection. When I had iPhone, if this happen, I just changed to airplane mode and come back it works. But I tried it with GN, it still doesn't work. I had to reboot and I got my network back. is there anything I should do?

Thanks.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm...got to wonder if you got someone elses returned phone since the box had been opened. If so it might have been returned for just that issue. Try the new phone when you get it and also if you can, wait for the update as it might fix a lot of issues.

StuckwVerizon

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
thanks. That's what I am thinking. I probably ended up getting the returned phone. But Verizon service was excellent, they should shipped out my new phone today. I should test out it tomorrow afternoon.

Hopefully I don't have this issue with my new phone, I really like it except the network drop. When my network drop, i can't even make a phone call. It's not just 4g network, it just drops everything. I don't usually make phone call that much, so I haven't experienced any drop call yet, but I only used for less than 5 min talk time so I wouldn't know for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty