HATE my battery life HELP

jdtftp1

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I am new to the Nexus and I am extremely disappointed in its performance with battery life. I took it off the charge 30 minutes ago and have already lost 10%. I have taken the screen brightness down, turned off NFC, screen timeout is 30 seconds, turned 4G off along with WiFi and bluetooth. I dont know what else to do.. Will 4.0.3 fix battery issues? Any tips or info are greatly appreciated.

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
well...first...buy the extended battery, and a car charger, and an extra home charger...other then that I'm not sure what 4.0.3 will fix or not fix...someone here may know...but this is a common problem with LTE phones unfortunately the batteries have fallen behind in the smartphone race...hopefully someone will develop some kind of plutonium based super-cell battery that can power these phones for hours on end without exploding in our hands...

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Did you use the phone at all in that time? When you can use wifi much better on the battery. I keep screen down to about 40%. Review the list of apps using battery in the stats. Maybe a app is killing it. If in use the 10% in 30 is normal. If you put down the phone and didn't touch it its a issue. In the stats look to see when screen is off is it still awake.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Here you can see that the screen on and awake match up. If its awake the whole time when not in use its a app.
43541cb6-b8f0-65fa.jpg

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Not to be a wet blanket, but if you search this forum there are well over a dozen threads on this subject. I would suggest that you find and read some of those threads use those recommendations, and give it a bit of time.

The reality of these 4G mini-computer smart-phones is with normal use you will *probably* end up needing to charge your device at some point throughout the day in order to use it from when you wake to when you go to bed.

Did you see that HUGE Mo-Fo of a battery Phill had on the front page of AC a day or two ago? You may want to consider getting one of those.

jdtftp1

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
my work email is push.. I dont know about anything else or how to change them. All i really use is facebook and texting other than phone calls and email

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site

tungsten

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I have placed Active Application Widget on the main screen so I know how many apps are running. It should be zero if you are not using it. Also I have installed Use Defender Ultimate and it has a few settings to choose from.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
my work email is push.. I dont know about anything else or how to change them. All i really use is facebook and texting other than phone calls and email

When you swipe down your "action bar", Click on settings, and finally on Battery.

Can you tell us what % of the Battery things are using. This may give us a clue as to what is wrong if anything.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site

Dude, there's something draining your battery that you aren't picking up on. I can't tell you what it is but there's a way to find out. Mine is 3G, screen auto, WiFi on (none at work though), location services on, I never close out apps. 5 hours, 85% charged. The most serious drainer of all drainers is GPS. Check it out, because if you don't find out then all the extended batteries in the world ain't gonna help much.

jdtftp1

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
it shows that its mostly my screen but I never let it just sit there on ya know.
screen 53%
android os 26%
voice calls 5%
all the others are 4 or lower

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
it shows that its mostly my screen but I never let it just sit there on ya know.
screen 53%
android os 26%
voice calls 5%
all the others are 4 or lower

Next click on the bar graph for "screen". It will tell you your usage details like how long the screen was on. Do this and let us know how long your screen was on.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Is your screen still the top % under battery usage? If so click on it to tell us how long its been on please. You battery usage may be "normal" for the way you are using your phone.

You may want to set your screen to auto brightness.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
You might need to cycle your battery a few times in order to get a little more battery life. If that doesn't work, try the app called juice defender in the market.

Brooke

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Today I did a battery pull and have been letting the screen time out, rather than using the power button (my usual routine). Wow! Whereas the Android OS used to be the #2 drain (after screen), it's now tied for 4th with Cell Standby.

Search for "Keep Awake" bug.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
You may need to cycle the battery a couple times maybe.
Question: what does that Mobile Network Signal bar mean? Mine is either green (home) very dull yellow (work) or brighter yellow (work).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699