Voice to Text question

foush

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a Nexus and my boss also recently got one. He is hung up on the fact that he can do some things on SIRI that he can't do on the Nexus. Does anyone have any ideas how to do the following....

If I say "Text John Smith I am running late". It will find John Smith but it is his work number and not his mobile number. Any way to control which number gets selected?

h2opoloplyr_11

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I have just tried this.....and it worked. I texted my brothers cell using the little mic icon on the search bar.

Like what yosteve said, Make sure on the people app that the contact info (phone numbers) have assigned mobile for cells, home for land line, etc. And it should select the mobile number to text.

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This absolutely does not work for me. The "to" field is always blank, and the "message" field has the person's name in it and the message I want to send. I have tried saying "John - mobile" or "john - home", etc. and nothing works.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
If you long press on one of someone's numbers, you can then select set as default.

But, if your boss thinks Siri is the end all for mobile phones, then I guess he'll have to stick with the iphone. They have that, we have turn by turn navigation. Every phone can't have every thing. You just have to weigh the whole against individual items and pick whatever has the most of what you want.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty