I LOVE my Nexus (sarcasm) - complaint thread

anon(470989)

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Its so great!

First of all, I never have to reboot my phone because it does it AUTOMATICALLY! Yep, it seems that this phone is such a wonderkind that when it feels it needs to reboot for whatever reason, maybe the cache is just too full, it just does it on its own. Its like Magic!

Secondly, it seems to know when I don't want to talk to people! That's right, I can be in conversation and just like magic the microphone cuts out and the other person can't hear me. This is perfect because this allows me to say all kinds of swear words to the caller and they can't hear a thing. This is especially helpful when I do not like the caller very much. Whoever designed this phone is a genius!

Third, and this is probably my favorite, is that it knows when my data is going too high! If I am in a 4g area but I am using too much data, it just shuts 4g off for me, and chooses to only use 3g! Then, when 3g is even too much, it just drops all data completely! Saving the day again!

I can't express how much I love this phone. I don't know what new developer idea is going to come next, but my guess is whenever my battery is going to overheat due to how much super powers it is using, it will auto eject my battery with maybe a cool little parachute attached so it doesn't fall harshly on the ground, thus saving my precious battery.

For Valentines day, I will definitely be getting my ex-gf this phone so she can enjoy the wonders of it too!

Reactions: SoCalBIGmike

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: I LOVE my Nexus

Hahahahahahah LOVE IT!!!!!

Im calling vzw to beg for a different phone tomorrow.
You won't have to beg. I barely got the words "I am having problems with my Galaxy Nexus" out of my mouth and the guy offered me a Razr. If you want a Razr or a Rezound, it will be offered to you. No begging necessary.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

This is turning out to be a fiasco for Google. Hopefully they will learn their lesson and never go with Samsung again for a nexus.

I have $200 invested in accessories so I am staying with this phone for now and will see what the OTA update brings.

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Sorry you are having problems. Mine reboots about once a week, but it comes back so fast that it doesn't bother me.

Never had the mic cut off on me.

Don't have LTE near me yet but the new update fixes it.

Sounds like you got a bad unit, dumb luck I guess.

That rzr maxx battery looks sick. I hate using two batteries to get through the day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: chinemeluelonu

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site

Wow. I tapped on this thread to read something positive. I was dumb i suppose.

If you are having so many problems, then exchange it. However, the Galaxy Nexus is a joy to use for me and i have no such issues. Best phone i have ever owned by far.

I hope you get something that suits you.

Ddust14

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

Lol, very funny sir. I couldn't deal with it any longer either, we all deserve better.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site

Hopefully I'm not going to jinx myself, but since having the Nexus it's not rebooted once for me. I'd think instead of the phone being the problem that you have an app that's to blame. Dunno, but if it was the hardware I think everyone would have the problem. It's been rock solid for me.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

The funny thing is there's an OTA coming very soon that is going to fix everything you just, erm, "boasted?" about (except MAYBE the rebooting because as stated before that is more than likely an app)

And if you are impatient on waiting for the OTA, there are at least a dozen different places out there that you can download it right now to update your phone.

But hey, why not do the next logical thing and get rid of it without giving the update a chance?

Best of luck with your new phone.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Makes sense that a phone with a new OS and new features would suck for a few people. Such is life and the risk you take.

Root it/flash it, wait for the OTA, sell it, or adjust your expectations?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Yup If your having that many problems about your GN why whine and stomp your feet and just get another phone , thats the logical choice.

I havent had a problem with mine however ,that would cause me to EVEN think about returning it for any other phone vzw has to offer its been great .

PS: I trade ya my dx for it if you hate it that bad :)

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site

Thank you for wasting my time with this. I have 0 issues with mine . Best phone I've ever owned. Go get your self a phone with a UI on it and then complain about that. I'm sick if people like you putting up stupid thread. I wonder why I even come to this forum. Rootzwikki doesn't have stupid threads. Good buy

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Makes sense that a phone with a new OS and new features would suck for a few people. Such is life and the risk you take.

Root it/flash it, wait for the OTA, sell it, or adjust your expectations?

Agreed. Seems like a lot of people who didn't know what a Nexus was about bought this phone.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

I have a GN, my wife has a GN, one of my daughters had a GN. For the most part all work as they should.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Agreed. Seems like a lot of people who didn't know what a Nexus was about bought this phone.

While some claims are legitimate, I think 75% or so of the complaints can be remedied with adjusted expectations within the context of what the phone is, what it stands to do in the greater schemes of Android, and what your options are in order to reconcile those facts of life.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

Those of you who whine about people who are having problems with our GNexs reporting the problems perplex me. Since you aren't having problems, then therefore no one else can be? Makes no sense. BTW - many of us have exchanged our devices and still are having problems.

If you live in a strong 4G area and aren't having any problems, good for you. But many of us are not just experiencing little bugs and data problems, we are experiencing a phone that doesn't work as a phone - dropped calls, mic cutting out, not being able to hear the other caller, etc. Sorry but you don't get it if you think our expectations are just too high since we expected a phone to work as a phone.

As for why we don't switch to another phone, some people have, but some of us are waiting to see if the OTA update helps the problem. If it does, then we will be happy. But that doesn't mean we aren't experiencing problems now.

So we just don't know what a nexus is about, huh? Isn't a GNex a PHONE? Yeah, it is. It should work as a phone then.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Maybe you misunderstood what I was getting at.

Of course the GN is a phone. That's its primary purpose. Hell, a lot of things can be "phones," but this is neither the time nor the place to get into metaphysical discussion.

Nexus phones are "reference" phones. They are used by developers as the "pioneer" into new Android advances, methodologies, etc. It's one of the first Androids--maybe the first--to try to full integrate OS and hardware with each other (i.e. softkeys). It is, obviously, the first Android with ICS stock--being built to run it, of course. It has a fairly easy to unlock (if you really want to call it locked) bootloader. Etc., etc.

All of this stuff and 1000s of reasons more all lead to one direction--this phone, as a phone, will be buggy. It will mess up. It will do stuff no one wants it to do, for a reason no one knows. That is the tradeoff. You bought a phone, rightfully or wrongfully, with a lot of known issues. Other than the early early early adopters (I'm looking at, $800 for a freaking GSM model dude), everyone knew or has reasonable knowledge of the GN's faults, reported or unreported.

But why? Why can't it be perfect? For the exact reasons why it's awesome. It's at the forefront. It's testing new stuff. It's testing new stuff in a manner that has not been utilized on Android before. Do I believe your problems exist? Absolutely. Do I understand consternation? For the most part, yes. Do I understand surprise, shock, etc.? No.

And I answer "no" because of all of the above reasons. Just like with rooting/flashing roms, you know stuff will happen. But you're out there enjoying a unique brand of technology in a very interesting way, aiding in the development of a platform that (obviously) we all love. If you don't want the added risk of being on a phone like a Nexus, then when you researched the purchase (which I presume 90% of people do, with 100% of people saying they did it), you should have seen other options (like that garish RAZR ;)). If you still chose the Nexus, then hey, it can suck, but this is the price you pay for certain things. Perfection will never be achieved with an experiment.

This is an experiment, and while your experience and the OP's experience sucks, that's an individual experience that can only help to better the platform (Android) and the phone in future updates. So tell Google. Tell your developers. Tell Verizon. Complain to us here at AC or any other forum. But don't act like someone just poured cold water on you when a bug occurs. It'll happen--that's the entire point of being on the edge.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

Any of you that have problems, have you tried setting your network to CDMA only and then rebooting? I know, it's a 4g phone and you want to use 4g, but I'm in an area that only has 3g and I never have any of the problems that I read about. It might be worth trying for a day, just to see if it makes a difference. I suspect that Verizon's 4g network is no where near being ready for dependable usage. Seems to me it's still in beta.

Reactions: anon(596177)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch