How to accept calendar invites with Galaxy Nexus?

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Seems silly that this doesn't work right for me. I'm hoping there's an explanation, and I just missed something. If someone who has a gmail or outlook account emails me a calendar invite, I get the email invite, but can't do much with it. I can click yes that I'm going to the event, but then a web browser pops up with an error. Why don't I just get a yes, no, or maybe option, instead of just those links in the body of the email that don't work? I mean, come on. Even an iPad calendar using gmail for its calendar works great. You get a notice right on the calendar app to accept it, without any problems. Seems like a google built phone should be better at handling this. Am I missing something?

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Seems silly that this doesn't work right for me. I'm hoping there's an explanation, and I just missed something. If someone who has a gmail or outlook account emails me a calendar invite, I get the email invite, but can't do much with it. I can click yes that I'm going to the event, but then a web browser pops up with an error. Why don't I just get a yes, no, or maybe option, instead of just those links in the body of the email that don't work? I mean, come on. Even an iPad calendar using gmail for its calendar works great. You get a notice right on the calendar app to accept it, without any problems. Seems like a google built phone should be better at handling this. Am I missing something?

I get calendar invites just fine, not sure what the problem is that your phone is causing an error, but after I accept the invite, the task shows up in my calendar just fine.

Are you rooted, ROMed?

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I get calendar invites just fine, not sure what the problem is that your phone is causing an error, but after I accept the invite, the task shows up in my calendar just fine.

Are you rooted, ROMed?

Nope. Totally stock.

How do you do it on your phone? Is there an actual button, or just a link in the body of the email?

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Totally stock.

How do you do it on your phone? Is there an actual button, or just a link in the body of the email?

I believe its a selection of buttons, you can accept or decline calendar invites. If you decline you have the option to still show the event on the calendar. It's right in the email, at the top of the message. It's kinda late tonight, but tomorrow I will see if I can recreate a message for you to see.

nuchdog

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
When you click yes, it should auto add to your calendar, not open a web link. Make sure that you are syncing your calendar to the phone, and it is setup correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non