upside down video????

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
any clue? I record my video on gnex, plays back fine on phone, I upload to a windows fully updated pc, and it plays back upside down in any player. I don't know how to prevent this from happening, I also don't know a quick way to edit the video and flip it over like you would on a photo.

rt

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
any clue? I record my video on gnex, plays back fine on phone, I upload to a windows fully updated pc, and it plays back upside down in any player. I don't know how to prevent this from happening, I also don't know a quick way to edit the video and flip it over like you would on a photo.

rt

Since it's playing that way in "any" player, it seems like the file is, well, upside down. All I can think of is that the phone was held "upside down" while recording, but I was under the impression that Android automatically took that into consideration using the accelerometer.

You could search Google for "video rotator" and see what comes up. My personal recommendation is to find an online service that uploads it, alters it, then lets you download the 'corrected' file. You avoid downloading software to your computer this way.

Reactions: samkatz

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Lumeneii,
tx. Sometimes the simplest answer is the correct one, right?? I shot a bunch of videos in landscape mode, the gnex was mounted on my windshield on a suction cup phone holder. I had to have the lens on the right so it would not be blocked by some bracket.

So it made no difference viewing on phone, as you stated, the accelerometer corrected and played everything back 'right side up'... I tested this by shooting two short clips w/the phone in the two orientations........ Now I have to either figure a way to mount my gnex the other way, or software to flip the video.
tx

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Lumeneii,
tx. Sometimes the simplest answer is the correct one, right?? I shot a bunch of videos in landscape mode, the gnex was mounted on my windshield on a suction cup phone holder. I had to have the lens on the right so it would not be blocked by some bracket.

So it made no difference viewing on phone, as you stated, the accelerometer corrected and played everything back 'right side up'... I tested this by shooting two short clips w/the phone in the two orientations........ Now I have to either figure a way to mount my gnex the other way, or software to flip the video.
tx

At least we know what was causing the issue. You can still take my recommendation on using an online service like Video Rotator to fix the ones you've already recorded, however I make no claims about that particular site as I haven't used it myself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch