Let's guess how long our JB official OTA will take!

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Those who think this is coming in a timely fashion haven't been watching Verizon very closely. Dragging their feet is a corporate philosophy. The Galaxy Nexus is my last Verizon phone.

roaddawg24

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing September.VZW still has plenty of g-nex's laying around they would love to sell.Pushing out jb asap would be the best way,probably,to do that I would think. I'm guessing 90 percent of all phone users dont even KNOW that there are different versions of android,at least in my experience in my city.

xFORTRESSx

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Screw the OTA! :) I just want the LTE version to come out so I can manually install it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Maybe if we harass Verizon enough, they'll get it out the door faster to shut us up. Only one way to find out....

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Google said the gsm models are getting it now and all other galaxy nexus devices are getting it soon after which includes us cdma people.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Chorazin

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I wish Google would just put the update up "for developer testing" and then we could get it, or some other way to get around Verizon's bull .

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Google said the gsm models are getting it now and all other galaxy nexus devices are getting it soon after which includes us cdma people.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

As an avid electronics and video game consumer, I know damn well that Soon? doesn't mean anything.

See: Valve and the number 3; VZW GNex 4.0.4 update.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
ill say this again...its one big conspiracy....ics is awesome and all but its intentionally "slow" and "laggy" because jb has to look pretty somehow.

4.0.x to 4.x? come on now...its not like its 5.0 to be like "omg status"

whats gonna happen is that gnex will get jb by the end of july and then a lot of older phones that dont have ics, will get ics and then by the time the new fruit phone is announced/released, all the newer androids will get jb, so were going to see a huge bump in ics before this year ends and ics will be the "standard" for the older phones to phase out GB :)

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
ill say this again...its one big conspiracy....ics is awesome and all but its intentionally "slow" and "laggy" because jb has to look pretty somehow.

4.0.x to 4.x? come on now...its not like its 5.0 to be like "omg status"

whats gonna happen is that gnex will get jb by the end of july and then a lot of older phones that dont have ics, will get ics and then by the time the new fruit phone is announced/released, all the newer androids will get jb, so were going to see a huge bump in ics before this year ends and ics will be the "standard" for the older phones to phase out GB :)

..And by then those phones will STILL probably be two versions behind.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
It will release when apple says Verizon is allowed to do it. So basically after ios6 and the iPhone 5 is released . Haha. :D:D

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Everyone needs to embrace the custom rom scene. A top rom like aokp is so vastly superior to any stock ota experience. Updates come regularly, no waiting on vz dragging their a. Oh no a root freak extolling crap. If you could experience what ur missing you would understand.

Typed with my thumbs using Tapatalk2 (;))

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Everyone needs to embrace the custom rom scene.

I'm getting really tired of that mentality. Not everyone can or has the desire to flash custom ROMs. I fall into the latter category.

I'd rather wait on Verizon. Sure, I'm a Software Engineering major and could easily build my own ROMs (which I don't have the patience to do), but that doesn't and should never excuse a company from dragging its feet on an update it doesn't even host.

Why is Apple the only one allowed to get around Verizon's "testing"? When is Google going to put its foot down? And most importantly, why wasn't updating addressed when Google/Samsung drew up the agreement with Verizon?

Or at the very least, why doesn't Google/Verizon just let people sign up for public testing? Have they forgotten the principle that the more testers there are, the more bugs you'll find?

/rant

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Erckul and MikeOM

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Why is Apple the only one allowed to get around Verizon's "testing"? When is Google going to put its foot down? And most importantly, why wasn't updating addressed when Google/Samsung drew up the agreement with Verizon?

Does Apple really have the ability to get around Verizon's "testing"???

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Does Apple really have the ability to get around Verizon's "testing"???

They're the only company who is allowed to push out updates for all of its phones at roughly the same time.

How about developers who need to test their applications against stock versions of Android to make sure they perform well in the environments most users experience? Should we embrace the custom rom scene? I prefer to embrace the scene that pays my bills.

This too.

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress