if you still have unlimited on GN, how much can you download?

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
if you still have unlimited on GN, how much can you download? 10GB, 20GB, 30GB or more
per months? Does VZW ever call or email customers to warn them about "excessive" usage?

Looking at my bills from the last couple of years, my monthly data usage has ranged from
100MB to 730MB per month. (all under the unlimited plan, which I still have) If I suddenly
start having 10GB or more per month, will that send out a warning bell to VZW?

Is there something on my Galaxy Nexus that can send me notifications about my usage
on a daily basis?

Thanks!

Zooks64

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure you'll get throttled after 5gb until the end of your billing cycle but I haven't tested that.

I really don't want to give up my unlimited data. The new plans will cost us more per month for less. We don't need more minutes, already have unlimited text and don't want to buy a fixed block of data.

Looks like we will be buying our phones at full price or used from eBay. I just picked up a Galaxy Nexus for my son from Gazelle's eBay store; we are pleased with it.

rosser

Former Advisor
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Verizon doesn't typically throttle data, unless you consistantly use a rediculus amount of data, like if I used 10 GBs+ every month. I could be wrong, but that is my understanding.
If you are worried about data usage, I would also suggest the My Verizon app too.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I average 30gb a month no throttling if u search you'll see plenty of threads on this subject. Oh I still have two weeks Togo

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

min_is_3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Most I've done is 60gb in a month. And that is without tethering. I use mine for Netflix and YouTube and online gaming a lot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I spend 90% on 3g and haven't been throttled I travel all over the USA
Only 3g gets throttled, and only when the specific tower is getting taxed.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I spend 90% on 3g and haven't been throttled I travel all over the USA

Only phones that are 3G only (ie OG Droid, HTC Incredible, etc) get throttled. Any phone that is 4G capable will not be throttled, no matter if you are using 3G or 4G.
I used 35GB last month, on pace to use 40-50 this month (Netflix, Hulu, movie downloads, internet, Songza) since I have access to 4G in town.

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
i use on average.....about 10-15gb per month. i have never noticed my speeds getting throttled (and they shouldn't with a 4G phone) nor have i ever recieved a call from Verizon.

Lancer033

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
wow, i thought i was getting crazy when i realized i was doing 10gb/month. I can't see how those prices will hold up we're all forced off unlimited data.

Downwind

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
40 to 50 gigs a month for 6 months now. Never a peep out of Verizon. Full speed all the time. They have the same attitude toward unlimited grandfather plans as they do toward updates. They don't care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38