Terrible battery life after flashing 4.1.1 FG02 radio

bagarwa

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I flashed the leaked 4.1.1 radios (FG02) yesterday, which were available on the rootz-wiki thread. I did notice signal strength improvement. But ever since, I'm noticing quicker battery drain. My GNex is leaking juice like crazy. 30 minutes on 4G, using Flipboard and battery drops from 65% to 45%. Charging is also relatively slower than before. Anyone else having this problem? Do I need to change some setting? Suggestions please.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
What kernel/ROM are you running?

I clashed these radios resterday, I'm on AOKP build 1 and Francos m5 and have not noticed any more battery drain than I did with the old radios. However I haven't used flip board on 4g since then either.

20 percent in 30 mins is rather steep, however considering you are on 4g and running an app that's very network intensive that's not too far off of what I'd expect.. I also have not noticed any slowness in charging. Everything is running great on my setup. I'd say start by trying a different kernel. Sorry I can't help you more.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bagarwa

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
What kernel/ROM are you running?

I clashed these radios resterday, I'm on AOKP build 1 and Francos m5 and have not noticed any more battery drain than I did with the old radios. However I haven't used flip board on 4g since then either.

20 percent in 30 mins is rather steep, however considering you are on 4g and running an app that's very network intensive that's not too far off of what I'd expect.. I also have not noticed any slowness in charging. Everything is running great on my setup. I'd say start by trying a different kernel. Sorry I can't help you more.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'm on the bundled kernel which came with the bugless beast rom. The "Kernel Version" in about phone shows this -

3.0.31-g6fb96c9
android-build@vpbs1 )
#1 SMP PREEMPT

Which kernel would you suggest for verizon GNex running Bugless Beast - build number JRO03C? Thanks for your reply.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the bundled kernel which came with the bugless beast rom. The "Kernel Version" in about phone shows this -

3.0.31-g6fb96c9
android-build@vpbs1 )
#1 SMP PREEMPT

Which kernel would you suggest for verizon GNex running Bugless Beast - build number JRO03C? Thanks for your reply.

Franco.

cyberdalek

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I am on BAMF 2.3 using Franco r246 with the new radios. Just got 20 hours with 2 hours screen time with my 2100 mAh battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

3.0.31-g6fb96c9
android-build@vpbs1 )
#1 SMP PREEMPT

I have only ever tried Franco's and Faux (as thats what comes with AOKP) and Franco's has been VERY good for me. Plus, if DM, being prolly the biggest crackflasher in here, says Franco's then that would be a safe bet :)

IF you decide you like franco kernel you should look into buying his app as well.

yugopalmguy

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I, too, am experiencing much quicker battery drain since flashing the new radios. I unplugged my phone at 1:15pm from a 6 and a half hour charge and I am at 66% at 3pm. I have only made 3 or 4 phone calls and took maybe 10 minutes to read my news feeds. That is literally all I have done with it so far. I am running XenonXD with the bundled kernal. I may be flashing back to the original radios if this keeps up.

Edited to add: I should add, that my phone is running very warm compared to what it has been with the original radios. I am flashing back tonight.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38