So mic mute issue after new jelly bean radios?

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
So any one update to the new radios that had the mic mute issue and did it fix it or make it worse? I sent my phone to Samsung for repair, they put imm76q when they sent it back. The repair was for,well I dropped it and wanted the casing replaced(they charged me 75 bucks)and I complained about the mic mute issue and sometimes it doesn't charge when I plug it in. They sent it back to me with the new casing and the other report said replaced component but it doesn't say what one.

Anyway I flashed a older jelly bean rom built with the stock verizon binaries before the new leak. Have not had the mic mute issue at all since. I'm really scared to flash the new radios and mess it back up and cause the mic mute issue to happen. I mean the rom has lag from time to time, is the new rom any smoother?Also I was never able to run roms like aokp because for some reason it caused data drops and the mic mute issue got worse. So what do you guys think?

ScottiePP7

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I know I am cursing myself here but....

I haven't had this issue since I put Jelly Bean roms on my phone.

I don't know if its just a coincidence and they fixed a tower issue near me or what but since the late July/early August time frame I haven't had the issue and I used to have the issue almost every call.

If you have it, I would put JB on (I use euroskank jellybro and give it a shot)

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I know I am cursing myself here but....

I haven't had this issue since I put Jelly Bean roms on my phone.

I don't know if its just a coincidence and they fixed a tower issue near me or what but since the late July/early August time frame I haven't had the issue and I used to have the issue almost every call.

If you have it, I would put JB on (I use euroskank jellybro and give it a shot)

Well that's the issue, I'm on a older jelly bean rom but want to try the new leak but I'm scared it's going to cause the problem to come back. Right now I don't have the problem as well.

jreiners

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
ok, so I am not sure how I am supposed to answer this, I have been plagued with bad radios, phones, or call quality since I got my GNex, I have had at least 6 of them. Every phone has had issues, except for now. I dropped my phone while building a deck for a buddy of mine, and had to get an insurance phone. and the day I got it I flashed the new radios, and I have had NO call muting, not sure if it was the phone or what.

I consistantly dropped calls in 3 spots in my house, Which happens to be where i sit at the house. I have had no issues what-so-ever. I did receive an asurion phone, maybe they do a better job with their refurbs.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Well mine was sent to Samsung, and I wonder if whatever they're fixing is actually fixing it. Maybe they finally figured out what it was that was causing it. I'm still on ics radios though. Might just have to flash it.

ScottiePP7

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I am going with if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I had so many issues with this mic issue for so long I am afriad to change radios. I have been flashing jellybro almost daily but I am not changing radios just yet.

jreiners

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Do you experience the call muting issue now? I have not had one in two weeks, where before my phone was useless for calls over 5 min. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I had a 45 min call without issue yesterday.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I have not had the issue since around august, after I sent it in to Samsung the issue has not happen. The new leak has new radios so I'm afraid to change, but it seems none of you who had the problem or who don't have it now updated to the new radios. I mean eventually I have to update once it's offical.

ScottiePP7

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have not had the issue since around august, after I sent it in to Samsung the issue has not happen. The new leak has new radios so I'm afraid to change, but it seems none of you who had the problem or who don't have it now updated to the new radios. I mean eventually I have to update once it's offical.

A rom with the new leak won't update your radio.

You won't have to update. Even if you get caught with a verizon force of an OTA you could just revert the radio only back

Bastyon

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
its been a month now since I had the jelly bean update and I have not had a single call where the mic cut out and prior to that update I was having it happen on about a third of my calls.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty