Circle on bottom of lock screen

bold1193

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I just got 4.2.2 today. Can anybody tell me what this little circle on the bottom of the lock screen is? Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-24-17-30-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-24-17-30-53.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 46

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I just got 4.2.2 today. Can anybody tell me what this little circle on the bottom of the lock screen is? Thank you in advance!

I don't think it does anything, really, other than potentially (1) signify the home button, or (2) signify the home lock screen?

bold1193

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it does anything, really, other than potentially (1) signify the home button, or (2) signify the home lock screen?

Lol I figured that too but thought that was too simple. Another question I had was that people were saying that chrome was replacing the browser. But I Stoll have the native browser. Any idea about that? Thanks

Appventive

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
If you long-press the little circle you'll see a "slide menu" that allows you to launch Google Now (perhaps they will add other options in the future?). This is redundant if you use the slide unlocker, but if you securely lock your phone this allows you to quickly launch Google Now from the lock screen (though you still have to unlock).

[edit: As Malachy mentions below, the slide unlocker no longer launches camera or Now -- I hadn't noticed that]

Last edited:

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Slide unlock no longer has camera or Now. The circle is for Google Now. Sliding your finger from the right edge of your screen to the left will bring you to the camera

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

anujatwork

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
If you long-press the little circle you'll see a "slide menu" that allows you to launch Google Now (perhaps they will add other options in the future?). This is redundant if you use the slide unlocker, but if you securely lock your phone this allows you to quickly launch Google Now from the lock screen (though you still have to unlock).

[edit: As Malachy mentions below, the slide unlocker no longer launches camera or Now -- I hadn't noticed that]

Hi Appventive - Sometimes, after I complete the call, I see this circle at the bottom of the android screen and no way to exit it. The usual icons in the system tray Retrun / Home / Window-Chooser disappear. As a result, I am unable to come out to view my home screen. What is the solution please?

The only way I have figured out is to get someone to give me a missed call which resets my screen.

I am using Android 4.2.2 on Sony Xperia C.

Please help.

Regards - Anuj