Android Beam from Galaxy Nexus to Galaxy S4

Michelle Killmer

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi! My boyfriend recently got the Galaxy S4 and I've been trying to teach him how to use it (with my knowledge from using my Nexus) since he's a new Android user. I was reading about the Android Bream and was excited to learn that not only does my Nexus have it, but his S4 does, too, in addition to the S-Beam. Is it possible for our phones to use Android Beam to transfer photos and stuff? Or is my phone too old of a model to play with the new kid in town?

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi! My boyfriend recently got the Galaxy S4 and I've been trying to teach him how to use it (with my knowledge from using my Nexus) since he's a new Android user. I was reading about the Android Bream and was excited to learn that not only does my Nexus have it, but his S4 does, too, in addition to the S-Beam. Is it possible for our phones to use Android Beam to transfer photos and stuff? Or is my phone too old of a model to play with the new kid in town?

It shouldn't be that old. You can share photos you take, but ones you find on the net may not always be shared.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

Michelle Killmer

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
We both have our Android Beam settings turned on, but either we're not doing it right when we try to share or these two phones just aren't compatible. I'm kinda bummed.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
We both have our Android Beam settings turned on, but either we're not doing it right when we try to share or these two phones just aren't compatible. I'm kinda bummed.

I think a big thing does depe d o what you are sharing. Anything you do like take a picture of your say, flower bed, is yours. However, you download a pic of the banging Gardens in Babylon, that may have a copyright attached and beaming may not work.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

Michelle Killmer

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Well, to provide an example, said boyfriend and I went to a friend's wedding and he handed off his phone to someone to take a picture of us together while he was still dressed up. The next day he tried to beam it to me but nothing happened.

The way I read how to do it is to tap the backs of the phones together and press the image or webpage that's on screen and a dialog should appear along if you want to beam it. Nothing happens, though. :/

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Well, to provide an example, said boyfriend and I went to a friend's wedding and he handed off his phone to someone to take a picture of us together while he was still dressed up. The next day he tried to beam it to me but nothing happened.

The way I read how to do it is to tap the backs of the phones together and press the image or webpage that's on screen and a dialog should appear along if you want to beam it. Nothing happens, though. :/

I think the nfc locations are on different spots on the phones. For example on my Note 2 the nfc is at the top of the phone and on the nexus its in the middle of the battery so in order to beam I need to touch the top of my note to the center of the nexus.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

castigs

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure about the s4 but on the s3 their "s-beam" feature prevented "android beam" from working with the gnex. If you went into the s3 settings and disabled "s-beam" then "android beam" worked fine with the gnex.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Make sure the sbeam option is off on the s4 but android beam is on. The Gnex doesn't have sbeam. I beam to gnexes and s3 4 and my friends htc one.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Victory LTE using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38