SuperSU questions.

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm unlocked and rooted. I saw an update notice in my status bar saying SuperSU had been updated. When did I get SuperSU? Did I get it from Casual? VerizonSuckIt?
What do I do with it? How do I use it? Do I need to upgrade to the Pro version?
I'm still completely stock and haven't downloaded anything from G Play for a rooted N2.
Thanks as always,
Rob

P.S. I found this...
[04.12.2012] SuperSU v0.99 - xda-developers

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm unlocked and rooted. I saw an update notice in my status bar saying SuperSU had been updated. When did I get SuperSU? Did I get it from Casual? VerizonSuckIt?
I'm still completely stock and haven't downloaded anything from G Play for a rooted N2.
Thanks as always,
Rob

P.S. I found this...

Most rooting processes add in busybox and either SuperSU or superuser app. If you unlocked with casual it rooted you and added those files in. The Odin style of rooting will also add the files in. Exynos abuse app way of rooting does not install these apps but you can manually go to the market and download them.

there is nothing you need to do with them, superSU will work as a popup whenever a root application is opened for the first time.

You do not need to go pro, pro version is basically a donation to the developer. Although it is a great way to support the developer,.

Busybox: Android is a linux based OS, but it does not contain the full range of commands a linux system would inertly have. Busybox adds these commands so when using root apps or root functions you can do a wider range of tasks. So basically when you root your device it has the vocabulary of a 5th grader Busybox gives it the vocabulary of a 12th grader.

SuperSU and Superuser: when you root you and your apps have permission to make changes to system files. SuperSu and superuser act as a gaurdian, before an app can make changes to your system these apps offer a pop up with the options of either allowing or denying the application permission to make changes on your system. You can make the choice if you want to allow the application the right or deny them access. Also if you open the application you can at will grant or deny apps root access. The apps also offer root activity logs so you can keep track of what apps are using root access and approximatley what time. That way you can make sure it was something you were aware of. Also the apps offer the Unroot option (but if you are stock unrooting make sure you undo anychanges you made while rooted)

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks as always,
Rob

P.S. I found this...
Not sure how to explain it but yes you did get superSU from the casual part and this means u are rooted. Im not sure what upgrading to pro does bc I have not done it but I do know that I have apps that require root and the non pro version has been fine. superSU is used when you use any apps that require a rooted phone. The first time you run an app that requires root, a note from superSU will pop up asking you to grant it superSU acces. This will then do what it needs to do to get the app working on its own. Im not sure what it exactly does but it does everything for you. The only other thing that I know you can do with it is unroot. I hope this helped:)

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Most rooting processes add in busybox and either SuperSU or superuser app. If you unlocked with casual it rooted you and added those files in. The Odin style of rooting will also add the files in. Exynos abuse app way of rooting does not install these apps but you can manually go to the market and download them.

there is nothing you need to do with them, superSU will work as a popup whenever a root application is opened for the first time.

You do not need to go pro, pro version is basically a donation to the developer. Although it is a great way to support the developer,.

Busybox: Android is a linux based OS, but it does not contain the full range of commands a linux system would inertly have. Busybox adds these commands so when using root apps or root functions you can do a wider range of tasks. So basically when you root your device it has the vocabulary of a 5th grader Busybox gives it the vocabulary of a 12th grader.

SuperSU and Superuser: when you root you and your apps have permission to make changes to system files. SuperSu and superuser act as a gaurdian, before an app can make changes to your system these apps offer a pop up with the options of either allowing or denying the application permission to make changes on your system. You can make the choice if you want to allow the application the right or deny them access. Also if you open the application you can at will grant or deny apps root access. The apps also offer root activity logs so you can keep track of what apps are using root access and approximatley what time. That way you can make sure it was something you were aware of. Also the apps offer the Unroot option (but if you are stock unrooting make sure you undo anychanges you made while rooted)
Damn you must have been typing that as I typed mine... yours is better though haha

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossfrey