What are you going to drop to pick the Note 2 ? Why?

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
May I ask why you returned the Intuition? I've been thinking about getting it. I desperately want the Note II, but I'm not sure I can afford it. There are great prices on the Intuition right now. I don't expect the price on the Note to drop for several months.

Pay 100 on it when you get it and charge the rest on your bill that way you got a month to pay the other 200.

The Nottinator

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I usually buy myself a Christmas gift. The note 2 is now on my mind.
My contract isn't up until August. Besides if I want to keep my unlimited plan, I'll have to pay retail, right?
$700 is unreasonable, I only paid $900 for my 60inch plasma. The carriers know the retail price is outrageous, and of course prefer for us to buy the subsidized price for the 2 year contract. Best buy has the unactivated prices listed at $800, but at least that way you can make payments over 18 months with their credit card.
I could of course break my contract, pay the $350 - $10 per month already paid, then get it at the subsidized price which I think would make it around $500 for me.

The money isn't the issue, it's the justification that I'm having a hard time with.
I would really miss running the sourcery ROM too.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Up to $400.

It used to be $1000.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Do you have to just tell them to put it on your bill? So if I were to go in the store to purchase the Note 2 I could just have them put it on my bill and walk out without paying right there?

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Do you have to just tell them to put it on your bill? So if I were to go in the store to purchase the Note 2 I could just have them put it on my bill and walk out without paying right there?

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

Yes, if your account was in good standing.

The Nottinator

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I could of course break my contract, pay the $350 - $10 per month already paid, then get it at the subsidized price which I think would make it around $500 for me.

Don't forget, you can probably also get something for your current phone.

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Pay 100 on it when you get it and charge the rest on your bill that way you got a month to pay the other 200.

The Nottinator

I'm still not sure if I'm willing to drop $300 for a phone, but this is an interesting option to consider :D My contract is up on Dec. 28. If there is any sort of a decent after-Christmas deal on the Note 2, I'll probably grab it. For now, I'm just obsessing about it.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I stopped into the local Verizon store to ask the (always useless) sales people there about accessories and if they had them coming in anytime soon. Got nothing but blank looks which is about par for the course. So I did play with the GS3 which I hadn't before and I will say it was really a nice fluid and easy to use device compared to my Galaxy Nexus previously. I am really looking forward to the GN2.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The last phone rep I spoke to said that as customers we are usually better informed and more accurate and up to date information about Android devices than they are given by VZW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cw0974

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
May I ask why you returned the Intuition? I've been thinking about getting it. I desperately want the Note II, but I'm not sure I can afford it. There are great prices on the Intuition right now. I don't expect the price on the Note to drop for several months.

The intuition is a nice phone, however, it was a little sluggish for me. When I had it, and when my 14 day return policy was running out, root was not introduced yet. So I decided I would just wait for the note 2 since it is what I wanted from the start.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I usually buy myself a Christmas gift. The note 2 is now on my mind.
My contract isn't up until August. Besides if I want to keep my unlimited plan, I'll have to pay retail, right?
$700 is unreasonable, I only paid $900 for my 60inch plasma. The carriers know the retail price is outrageous, and of course prefer for us to buy the subsidized price for the 2 year contract. Best buy has the unactivated prices listed at $800, but at least that way you can make payments over 18 months with their credit card.

The money isn't the issue, it's the justification that I'm having a hard time with.
I would really miss running the sourcery ROM too.

If you break your contract, doesn't that make you loose your current number? I inquired about this and the rep stated the number is "blocked" for 59 days.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
so u are going to use it as a replacement for both. I never thought of that's it appears to be a good device for reading on.

I tether my GS3 to my tablets. I use my N7 the most and with it tethered to my gs3 it runs through battery quickly. Plus carrying one device rather than 2 sounds like the ideal way to go. Use my Asus tf700 for movies and need to type quicker.

Malcomn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Dropping my Iphone 4 for the GN2. My Iphone has been very reliable for almost 2 years but as of recently, it has been acting up. I think its time for something new and something better.

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I am selling my iPhone 5 for the note. I actually dropped my phone accidentally but fortunately have apple care so for $49 ill have a brand new one. Will sell it and then but the note with the proceeds from iPhone. Ready to go back to android but definitely nervous.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am looking so forward to having my GN2 as my phone, mini tablet and mobile media device for podcasts and music on my 64GB microSD card. Taking it all on the go, I will even get an NFC badge for the car to tap and go straight to music etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38