Your first impressions of the Note2 (Give us your review!)

MKita

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

So I got my Note2 at about 5pm central yesterday, yes FedEx takes forever to get to my area. I took it to Verizon because I did the upgrade on my mom's line in order to keep unlimited for my self blah blah. Anyways I didn't get to play with it TOO much yesterday because I had a test today (which I did not do well on thank you Note2 lol).

So far I love it. It's so fast, so responsive. The phone feels so light compared to my GNex. Touchwiz is not bad, I will eventually add Nova. This is my first time using Swype which I LOVE as well. Battery has been solid from what I noticed, no problem as of yet...although it's gone down 2% in 20 minutes lol. I noticed my signal is not as strong as it was with my Gnex in certain areas, that's kind of bothering me. I wasn't even able to send texts but it might just be the area I'm in right now.

I don't like all the crap that came preinstalled on the phone, but at least you can disable them. The S Pen is really fun but still trying to learn that. Honestly cannot believe how fast the phone is, there is no hiccups ever so far. Everything looks beautiful on the screen. When I opened the box I thought to myself this thing is huge, then I held it and 2 minutes later my Gnex felt like a poverty phone.

Overall I love the phone so far, but I have so much more to discover. Hope with this thread people post some nice tips and tricks they learned!

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
It's starting to grow on me (no pun intended). I also love the speed and total lack of stutter or lag. Ran a Skype call for about 45 minutes last night. Previous cell phones would have been pretty warm after that period of time. Not the N2. Then, just for kicks, installed Netflix, fired up a movie, watched the whole thing and the battery still had 6% left. :p Granted I had charged it earlier in the day but those two activities are display and processor intensive. The Note II is some serious cell phone hardware and it'll handle all of the above without a hiccup. Pretty impressive IMHO. I'm getting used to the size, love almost everything else about the phone. HATE the VZW crap & bloatware (wi-fi notification, no blocking mode, etc.). They may be America's best network but they still piss me off frequently. Will post a more in depth review later.

jdtftp1

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I just picked mine up yesterday after work. And I have a problem when it comes to cell phones. I have to have the latest and greatest. I got the DNA last week but got rid of it for the note 2. Best move I have made. The battery life on this thing is outstanding. The screen is HUGE and beautiful. Very responsive and fast and the camera is probably the best I have used. The S pen makes it feel like you are writing on paper instead of on a screen. My daughter is 2 and loves that she can color on my phone. This phone will not be going anywhere anytime soon. This is by far the best phone verizon carries bar none.

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't put this phone down at all yesterday. Literally was in my hand from the time I got it to when I went to bed. The screen seems amazing to me, extremely bright. I did speed tests on all the radios and they all were very fast. Sound quality on calls has been excellent. The S pen is fantastic, I've really missed a stylus since the Treo days. I'm a huge fan of customizing and full of features, but I am actually finding this phone to be so full of them, it's almost overwhelming. But that's a good thing. The camera seems to be fantastic. It's extremely fast, extremely smooth. Of course haven't really gotten to test the battery out much, but I had all radios on, screen time was about 6 hours and it dropped 50%. Insanely awesome!

I can see the size being a huge issue for people. I was thrown back in all honesty. My wife's iPhone fits inside the screen of my Galaxy Nexus. My Galaxy Nexus fits inside the screen of the Note 2. Insane!

Verizon really mucked this phone up though. None of these issues really bother me too much, it's just annoying. Not having all the apps for multi-window is silly, all their stupid bloatware that NOBODY ever uses. The home button logo hasn't even bleeped up on my radar, but is really stupid. No S planner widget? Really? Talk about defeating the purpose of the s pen! Really just a general lack of widgets. Seem to be really lacking when I checked them out.

I absolutely love this phone and actually plan on keeping it for 2 full years. Have never done that with a device. ha!

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely love this phone as much as i thought i would. the s pen is fantastic, a agree with the post above, i have missed having the option of and on board stylus since my last pda. i love being able to write witht he ocr option instead of the keyboard. i also agree that the phone seemed huge when it came....i was using a s3....but now i don't even notice. i find it fits in my hands just fine, i don't find it awkward at all.

but......verizon.......i'm am seriously pissed about that fact that they have somehow knee capped one of the premiere functions of this phone. the multi view we were all looking forward to has been rendered useless. I'm stunned that there are only 7 apps available to use in multi view and most of them are apps i don't use. boo in a big way. not a deal breaker but damn frustrating. just watched the video someone posted of the guy going through all of the note 2 features.....seeing the list of his available multi view apps vs ours was maddening.....chrome, youtube, facebook, gmail....just to start. i could care less about the stupid logo on the home button but when they kill one of the best features of the phone...well thats just an abomination.

Last edited:

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I love, love, love this phone!!

I could mirror what others have said about speed, size, etc.

But what impresses me the most is that there is NO WAITING!! Everything just happens as smooth as butter and fast! On my Droid X I spent half my life waiting for windows to open, pages to load, pictures to come up. But not with the Note 2.

And the size is just right for me. I find that using it one-handed, I can just reach the far left part of the keyboard in portrait mode. So I don't really need to use Samsung's one-handed mode (that shrinks the keyboard too much for my liking).

Only issue I have is actually with my Seidio Active case. It's beautiful and a great fit, but is still kinda slick (I actually addressed this in another thread). I find it sliding down my palm as I'm using the Note 2 with one hand. I either need to get a more sticky case, or at worst case, get a Flygrip. A VERY small issue but thought I'd mention it.

And no, I don't give a sh^* about the Verizon logo on the home button. In the last 2 days I probably noticed it 3 times, if that!! Big deal!

CD1X

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I love, love, love this phone!!

I could mirror what others have said about speed, size, etc.

But what impresses me the most is that there is NO WAITING!! Everything just happens as smooth as butter and fast! On my Droid X I spent half my life waiting for windows to open, pages to load, pictures to come up. But not with the Note 2.

And the size is just right for me. I find that using it one-handed, I can just reach the far left part of the keyboard in portrait mode. So I don't really need to use Samsung's one-handed mode (that shrinks the keyboard too much for my liking).

Only issue I have is actually with my Seidio Active case. It's beautiful and a great fit, but is still kinda slick (I actually addressed this in another thread). I find it sliding down my palm as I'm using the Note 2 with one hand. I either need to get a more sticky case, or at worst case, get a Flygrip. A VERY small issue but thought I'd mention it.

And no, I don't give a sh^* about the Verizon logo on the home button. In the last 2 days I probably noticed it 3 times, if that!! Big deal!

damnit I ordered the seidio active case just to ESCAPE slippage...boooo!!!...mine hasnt arrived yet but I do not like hearing this.....

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
damnit I ordered the seidio active case just to ESCAPE slippage...boooo!!!...mine hasnt arrived yet but I do not like hearing this.....

OK, I'm probably more anal than most and you will probably like it. I came from a case that was REAL sticky (which I liked). In another thread Seidio said it should get less slick over time (I'm hoping).

I think I might chance it and treat the rubbery part with some harsh solvent and see what happens!!

CD1X

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
This phone is a certified go!! The screen is big and beautiful...the speaker and headphone quality is booming!! Build quality...always a ? with Samsung is marvelous....phone feels very sturdy in the hand....Speed and responsiveness are awesome...things happen quick and this phone can run a myriad of apps simultaneously without you knowing...its truly amazing the power it possesses...Multiwindow is nice but like most said...the limited amount of apps compatible with it does nothing for me....S Pen is neat...dont know if Ill use it daily but it is a nice addition to have...the whole verizon home button thing is moot...im too busy looking to this beautiful screen to notice it....its a big phone...but its not impossible to handle....If youre thinking about getting one but are unsure....go into a store...play with it...check it out.....then youll know how to proceed....but for me...THIS IS IT!!

CD1X

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
OK, I'm probably more anal than most and you will probably like it. I came from a case that was REAL sticky (which I liked). In another thread Seidio said it should get less slick over time (I'm hoping).

I think I might chance it and treat the rubbery part with some harsh solvent and see what happens!!

I hope so too.....guess only time will tell...

EatMyTracers

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I love my note 2, I haven't found anything I don't like but pretty much anything is a huge improvement over my og Motorola droid.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

pstmstr

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm continuing to play with the phone as a replacement to my Iphone 5. However, everyone says how fast it is but the app I use most is Flipboard. With the 2 side by side, on the same wifi network, the iPhone 5 opens Flipboard articles quite a bit faster than the Note 2 does. Web pages also seem to load faster on the iPhone. I'm learning a lot about the Note 2 and enjoying it, just some things I've noticed so far.

nismo591

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Great phone overall.

I had the nexus which I loved even with its shortcomings then went to the gs3 then I had a brief stint with the droid dna but took it back yesterday and got the note 2 and haven't regretted it. Great phone. Dna was okay but battery life was simply average. Features on note 2 are far and away better and I am still learning the s pen. Wish I could use swiftkey but still utilize the ocr with the s pen but it appears that quick change can only be done with the stock keyboard.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Great phone overall.

I had the nexus which I loved even with its shortcomings then went to the gs3 then I had a brief stint with the droid dna but took it back yesterday and got the note 2 and haven't regretted it. Great phone. Dna was okay but battery life was simply average. Features on note 2 are far and away better and I am still learning the s pen. Wish I could use swiftkey but still utilize the ocr with the s pen but it appears that quick change can only be done with the stock keyboard.

I agree .....i love the ocr but have always used swiftkey. have to say though that i've been using the stock today when not using the pen and find the predictive text pretty good and the dedicated number row a huge plus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty