Can you change the 'touch screen' sound?

Benjamin Freedman

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Howdy...

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the sound that is made when you touch the screen? I like having the sound, but the default 'water drop' sound is a little squishy.

Any thoughts?

Best,

Ben

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
It requires root i believe, the path to the sound file is /System/media/audio/ui/unlock.ogg
you would need to find the sound you want then convert it and replace unlock.ogg . i have never tried this but it seems to be simple enough

Edit, found this in the market Lock Sound Changer it requires root though

Benjamin Freedman

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Howdy...

Thanks for that. Looks like you have the right folder, but the wrong sound. That's for the lock screen, not the 'touch' sound. But I was able to find the touch sound in that same folder. Looks like you DO have to have root to change it... Maybe I'll get the never one day, but for now, I think I'll just live with it... :)

Best,

Ben

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Howdy...

Thanks for that. Looks like you have the right folder, but the wrong sound. That's for the lock screen, not the 'touch' sound. But I was able to find the touch sound in that same folder. Looks like you DO have to have root to change it... Maybe I'll get the never one day, but for now, I think I'll just live with it... :)

Best,

Ben

You are welcome, if you decide to root and need help let me know.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Howdy...

Best,

Ben

So what is the 'Touch Sound' file name?

atxhellcat

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Where the f%$##^&* is System/media/audio??I own a Galaxy Note 2 and i can't find it!!!!Please help me.
You're going to need to root your phone in order to see that directory. Otherwise, the phone won't let you. If it's rooted, go to the main directory of the phone, generally called Storage or Device, or even just / depending on the file browser you're using. From there, you can find it within a few taps. Now I just need to learn how/what programs I need to turn a .wav or clipped .mp3 into an .ogg.....

is it just my imagination? seems like more than 90% of the "cool" stuff that you can do on the Note 2 require rooting.... :D
Yes. Pretty much yes. However, I'd highly recommend it. Just back everything up. EVERYTHING. Never know what you might break when you start digging around. 3 hours after my first root/ROM flash, I managed to accidentally uninstall the entire operating system. Whole bloody thing crashed on me. Took 5 minutes of panicking to realize I had a backup made, and could simply restore it. :) As long as you back your system and data up at least once a week, and right before you start digging into anything ridiculous, it's really hard to truly lose stuff :p

Last edited:

conchchowder

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I have the OG SGT-P1000 and thought I'd give this one a go. The root/modding/warranty issue combined with the accessory chip have me going back to T-Mobile and returning it today.

scubarob56

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I've tried everything to change the "touch sounds"! No luck, and I don't want to root the phone! Best thing for me was to just turn it off! Hopefully somewhere down the road there will be a way to change the sounds without rooting

itzsnitz

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Please provide the name and location of the .ogg for the touch sound (ripple). I have managed to mod the lock/unlock sounds but I'd like to also replace the touch or ripple sound.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
If I sound dumb, my apologies, but how do you back up your entire phone, even when not rooted. I want to root but I have 4.4.2 and that is going to be harder than usual. .

FreshMint27

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
touch sound file name for Samsung Galaxy tab 4 is? Sorry if this sounds lazy but this sound pisses me off and I don't want to do anything stupid on it..

Marine1833

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
I want help no problem I can even root my phone tell me please

Hello all. I've been messing around with rooting since yesterday and I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. Just letting you know where I'm coming from. The easiest way to root my phone was to go to Kingo Root. Google it and follow their steps. It consisted of turning USB Debugging on, then hooking up to computer via USB, then downloading the pc program and START. It works it's magic and BAM! You'll now be able to use root explorer which is like My Files app but you will see all sorts of hidden folders etc. But let's not get ahead of ourselves... You then need Kingoroot app and install that for Super User access. This all may sound difficult but trust me, this is the easiest way. After all this is done, you can go to
System/media/audio/ui and find the sounds there. I think I found the droplet sound but I don't use that so not sure. If you want to change a system sound, find your mp3 noise and change it to the system sound verbatim. Like Unlock.ogg or lens_flare.ogg as examples. Root explorer is in my experience the best because you may view your music mp3 on one side and system sounds on another side in one window. Ps I came here looking for the swipe sound. When I press the power button, I simply have to swipe my finger across the screen and it unlocks. I cannot find an app or system sound like it. Hope this helps anyone.

Anuraag Baggu

May 11, 2016
Visit site
Yes, it is possible. For that, you have to root your Android device. Next download root browser from the play store. And next ,download Zedge,an app, as an all from the net as I did not find it in the play store or use aptoide. Now, download your desired sounds from Zedge and save them either in your SD card or internal memory. The file can be .mp3 or .ogg, that's not a problem. Now open root browser. Go into the location where you saved the sound you downloaded and copy it. Now go back to the home of the root browser and select system->media->ui. In this folder you find all the system sounds. Let's say you wanna change the lock sound. Locate the lock sound file in the folder.in my Android, it's named "Lock.ogg". Now paste the sound file you copied. Let's say the name of the file you downloaded and pasted here is " light_lock.mp3". Now what you do is rename the original lock sound file as something else. What I do is I add .bak as an extension to the file name(Lock.ogg.name) .now ur device no longer detects this sound. Rename the file you downloaded as Lock.ogg now. And now change the permissions of this file into rw-r-r. You can do this by holding the file and when the menu comes, select permissions.

I'm sorry if my explanation was a little crappy but you can see this video on youtube

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iEie6mbcDGM

I hope this helps. :) :) :)