Samsung app store doesnt work

keem5

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I just my GN2 from verizon and wanted to get my samsung app store apps installed and realized; Samsung app store doesnt support this phone? am I missing something?
i am trying to download photo editor from samsung app store ... not happening:(
Verizon Galaxy note 2 sch i605 is not listed.
did anyone had some issue.

sillyrabbitt123

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
if you on vzw is wasnt included [i think it wasnt on att as well] you have a few choices:

2- on vzw version when on photo take out pen hold down s-pen button on photo it will take a screen shot and a palate

This by far has to be one of the better features of the phone. Admittedly they could have shortened the steps like ..... I don't know .... a single click but it's still great that it works properly

keem5

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
i follow the link (xda-developers) and there was an other link from dropbox and downloaded the apk file then installed it , kaboom its done i have the photo editor (my GN2 is rooted)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The hard part about app stores outside of the Play store is you get cross update conflicts and issues. I used to get the free app a day on amazon's store but it would show up on my play store list and wouldn't update there and vice versa so it was just easier to stick with the play store, for me anyways.

jengobengo

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing rooting is required to have this (the dropbox apk) take over as the default photo editor when holding S=Pen button and holding touch on screen? Cause I'm not rooted, installed the Photo Editor, and while it opens up and allows me to do work in it when I'm already in there, it does not open automatically when screen capping with S-Pen.

MiXoLoGiSt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing rooting is required to have this (the dropbox apk) take over as the default photo editor when holding S=Pen button and holding touch on screen? Cause I'm not rooted, installed the Photo Editor, and while it opens up and allows me to do work in it when I'm already in there, it does not open automatically when screen capping with S-Pen.

It wouldn't take over. The way you are doing screen shots is fine. Photo editor is so you can draw on pictures you took (or edit them) without any type of screen shot. To do this choose an image in your gallery, hit menu, hit advanced edit and you will have an option to click photo editor and that will bring up that picture in photo editor.

jengobengo

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
It wouldn't take over. The way you are doing screen shots is fine. Photo editor is so you can draw on pictures you took (or edit them) without any type of screen shot. To do this choose an image in your gallery, hit menu, hit advanced edit and you will have an option to click photo editor and that will bring up that picture in photo editor.

Oh man, my apologies! I didn't even scroll through to the bottom to SEE Advanced Edit on the menu! >_<