NFL Mobile on the Note 2

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I've been waiting to buy the Note 2 because I have to do the full retail. I love the NFL Mobile app on my Thunderbolt. Has anyone watched a game on the Note 2 and can verify that it can't match my Thunderbolt's quality when it comes to actually watching a game. Also, has anyone heard anything about Verizon not offering it next year? I gotta have unlimited data and I have to have the NFL package but if I can't have both, then I'll just stay with the thunderbolt until March then jump over to Sprint.

Last edited:

jrcast84

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I too had a thunderbolt and used NFL Mobile all the time. Now that I have a GN2 I use it all the time, i did not subscribe to NFL live but I did do a preview and it looks great on this phone. I may end up subscribing next season if it is available.

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I too had a thunderbolt and used NFL Mobile all the time. Now that I have a GN2 I use it all the time, i did not subscribe to NFL live but I did do a preview and it looks great on this phone. I may end up subscribing next season if it is available.

Looks like not many people are with the NFL Mobile thinggy.

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I've got it and watched the first half of last nights game. As long as you have good signal everything shows up clear. It's an enjoyable experience and well worth the $5 a month.

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site

Well, I got my Note 2 today and the NFL Mobile app doesn't look clear like the Thunderbolt. Looks like the resolution is low but I have it set to high. @#$%^&* !!!

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I've got it and watched the first half of last nights game. As long as you have good signal everything shows up clear. It's an enjoyable experience and well worth the $5 a month.

The Thunderbolt beats the Note 2 for clarity while watching NFL Network. I hate that because I really love watching My Football while i'm hard at work !!!

treb1797

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Use it all the time. Looks great on the Note 2. Love watching the Red Zone channel on this app on Sundays. For only $5 it's very worth it !!

classydave

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I actually used NFL mobile on my Thunderbolt as well and it had pretty good clarity when I watched Redzone. With my Galaxy Note 2 it doesn't look good. I'm always using a good signal with wifi or 4G.

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I actually used NFL mobile on my Thunderbolt as well and it had pretty good clarity when I watched Redzone. With my Galaxy Note 2 it doesn't look good. I'm always using a good signal with wifi or 4G.

I'm glad it's not just mine. I wonder why this looks like it's not as good as a display as the Thunderbolt.

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I don't remember using it on my Thunderbolt but it looks better on my Note 2 then it did on my Gnex but most of that is the screen.

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Not optimized? Is there an update coming or something? Everything seems to work fine for me.

Mine works fine too but on my Thunderbolt it was crystal clear like HD quality. Now on the Note 2 it's like standard definition, not HD quality. I'm sure they gonna do something to make it better.

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Mine works fine too but on my Thunderbolt it was crystal clear like HD quality. Now on the Note 2 it's like standard definition, not HD quality. I'm sure they gonna do something to make it better.

Watching the games yesterday on My Note 2 made me miss my Thunderbolt. I can't figure out why in the world The Thunderbolt showed the games in HD and My Note looks so sorry ???

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Never used NFL Mobile on the Note 2 (did on the Thunderbolt in 2011). I can say however Sunday Ticket (Directv) looks better on the Note 2 than the Thunderbolt did. It has a video quality setting for high/low. Is there a similar setting in NFL Mobile?

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Never used NFL Mobile on the Note 2 (did on the Thunderbolt in 2011). I can say however Sunday Ticket (Directv) looks better on the Note 2 than the Thunderbolt did. It has a video quality setting for high/low. Is there a similar setting in NFL Mobile?

Yes there is a settings menu and of course I have it on High Quality. I'm so bummed about this. I really wanted to see the games on this phone and I just knew it would be just as good as the Thunderbolt. I was wrong on that assumption.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes there is a settings menu and of course I have it on High Quality. I'm so bummed about this. I really wanted to see the games on this phone and I just knew it would be just as good as the Thunderbolt. I was wrong on that assumption.

Have you contacted the developer about it?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Isn't their a setting? HD uses more data, so maybe by default it is set to standard over the network? Football!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2