My Internet app brightness level dims - don't know why

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
This is weird. Every time I click on the stock "Internet" app, the screen brightness level immediately dims considerably. When I'm viewing a web page, and click on a link using the stock Internet app, the screen also dims immediately.

I tried going to Application Manager to clear data/cache, and even did a forced stop of the stock Internet app, but the dimming problem persists. Even a soft reset doesn't fix this problem. It also makes no difference whether or not I have the box checked for automatic brightness level enabled. If I press the home key button to exit the Internet app, the screen them immediately brightens up momentarily before exiting to the home page. But if I go back to the Internet app, again the screen immediately dims in brightness level.

I don't have this screen dimming problem using other browsers such as Opera Mobile, Skyfire, Dolphin Beta, Firefox. This dimming problem only occurs with the stock Internet browser. My Verizon Note 2 is completely stock, and non-rooted. At this point, I'm simply using other browsers instead as a work-around.

Anyone have ideas? Thanks, Casey

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
This is weird. Every time I click on the stock "Internet" app, the screen brightness level immediately dims considerably. When I'm viewing a web page, and click on a link using the stock Internet app, the screen also dims immediately.

I tried going to Application Manager to clear data/cache, and even did a forced stop of the stock Internet app, but the dimming problem persists. Even a soft reset doesn't fix this problem. It also makes no difference whether or not I have the box checked for automatic brightness level enabled. If I press the home key button to exit the Internet app, the screen them immediately brightens up momentarily before exiting to the home page. But if I go back to the Internet app, again the screen immediately dims in brightness level.

I don't have this screen dimming problem using other browsers such as Opera Mobile, Skyfire, Dolphin Beta, Firefox. This dimming problem only occurs with the stock Internet browser. My Verizon Note 2 is completely stock, and non-rooted. At this point, I'm simply using other browsers instead as a work-around.

Anyone have ideas? Thanks, Casey

Pull the notification Window down and toggle off power savings

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

JuanCarlos Esparza

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Pull the notification Window down and toggle off power savings

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

I registered just to say thank you, oh my god I have been looking for the answer, for about two months since I got my phone, who would have thought I had power sever onI can finally use my browser outside without having to find a shaded area, again from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU, P.S sry to revive old thread

Gadjetty

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey, thanks very much. I had the same issue and messed around with the brightness. Never realised that power saving mode was on.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
It's funny that others had the same problem, haha! By the way, as a coincidence, I recently found an app for when I intentionally want the screen to be dimmer than what the factory stock dimming will allow. It's a free app in the Google Play store called "Screen Filter". This simple app acts like a toggle switch whereby your screen will dim down to your pre-set level if you tap on it one time. If you tap on the icon another time, the dimmer turns off. Plus you can dim the screen waaaaay down low, such as down to 30% lower than even the lowest stock dimmer setting. I use this app for say when I'm in my car at night, and the screen brightness level is too bright even at its lowest dimmer setting. Anyway, thought this might be of interest to some.

Here's the link to Screen Filter app:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tore/apps/details?id=com.haxor&token=_ibDNBbB

bugmenot211

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much man. I don't know really why it comes enabled by default, since it dims too much the screen, and the brightness control built right in the app does not work well.

Also the phone is more laggish with the power saving mode on, specially on the Galaxy S2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87