Trade Advice

tooter123

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I haven't put my Note on here for sale or on swappa but, I did list it for sale or trade locally and was offered a very good condition 16gb iPhone 4s + $300 for my Note.

I know I should be able to get $600 for the Note but, I think the 4s is only worth about $200.

Would you all make the trade?

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Me personally, No. 4s' are hard to sell right now since it's not the latest. I might do it for $350+ and the 4s, but I think you could get the full 550-600 on here or swappa/ebay easily. Plus it's guaranteed as opposed to dealing on CL (I'm guessing that's where your offer was from). That's my 2 cents FWIW

tooter123

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Me personally, No. 4s' are hard to sell right now since it's not the latest. I might do it for $350+ and the 4s, but I think you could get the full 550-600 on here or swappa/ebay easily. Plus it's guaranteed as opposed to dealing on CL (I'm guessing that's where your offer was from). That's my 2 cents FWIW

Yes, it is on CL. I've been offered so much stuff and this is probably the best deal I've been offered. I'm thinking of just putting it on here and swappa. I would rather have the cash anyway.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I've never had good luck with swappa or ebay. I stick with CL. And since you're talking about a 3 month old $700 device, I'd say $600 would be fair. However you have to take into account that the subsidized price has been dropping so people may not be as apt to give up $600. Anyway, given your current offer, I'd say the same as kris, $350 + the trade would be about right.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree with them, $350 + 4s seems reasonable.

With that said, I never understood why people would pay $600 used for a phone that's $700 new, considering that used phones legally do not have warranty by default. If you buy today and it breaks tomorrow, you have a nice looking paper weight. But at last, there are people who still do so, guess they are more of a risk taker than me.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree with them, $350 + 4s seems reasonable.

With that said, I never understood why people would pay $600 used for a phone that's $700 new, considering that used phones legally do not have warranty by default. If you buy today and it breaks tomorrow, you have a nice looking paper weight. But at last, there are people who still do so, guess they are more of a risk taker than me.

With Verizon, I've always gotten the warranty from the phone as if it were new. Basically so long as you call them and talk to someone they can transfer the warranty, or at least that's the way it seems.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
With Verizon, I've always gotten the warranty from the phone as if it were new. Basically so long as you call them and talk to someone they can transfer the warranty, or at least that's the way it seems.

The warranty on the phone is with the manufacturer, legally speaking, and what is legally binding is the warranty brochure that came with the phone when you got it, which states for original owner only. Verizon may as a favor provide warranty service, but they are not legally required to do so.

Something that I don't understand is why you can get it for $80 on contract, even if you etf, you are still only out $430,cheaper than what you can buy used.

Last edited:

tooter123

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
If you do the trade i might be interested in the iphone 4s if you would like to sell.. !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ok. I'll let you know if I do the trade.

What would you be willing to pay for the 4s?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Last edited: