When will Verizon release OTA update for Android 5.0? (after Google announces it on 5/15)

maryhalltworound

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
When will Verizon release OTA update for Android 5.0? (after Google announces it on 5/15)

I assume it will show up for the GSM versions of Galaxy Note 2 first. Verizon Galaxy Note 2 will no doubt be the last to get it... just wondering how late... sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I assume it will show up for the GSM versions of Galaxy Note 2 first. Verizon Galaxy Note 2 will no doubt be the last to get it... just wondering how late... sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas?

So much assumption.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Like most carrier updates expect 6-8 month after the first nexus gets it. So spring 2014

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I really find it funny that people are worried about upgrades on a not even 4 month old device

sent from viper's note 2 using tapatalk

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

The highlighted part is not an assumption. Come on we've all been on this ride before and know how it's going to go down :p Even with 4.1.2, all the other carriers received it already making Verizon the last to get it. The kicker? We STILL haven't received it yet.

Once Verizon pulls my Unlimited Data from my contracts cold dead hands, thats when they can get the middle finger from me and a termination of my account. Probably off to Tmobile or something.

arundc

May 3, 2010
Visit site

LOL uh "probably" 2014?!

arundc

May 3, 2010
Visit site
the Verizon Galaxy Nexus will most likely receive Android 5.0 first, right?

Highly unlikely! I didn't mean to burst your bubble with my earlier comment. Members here have been with Verizon for an extended period of time to know from past experience. I love Verizon for the signal strength (voice and data) but when it comes to O/S upgrades they are painfully slow. The VZ GN is in it's twilight years and will probably not see another official update other than today's announced 4.2.2 The phone was introduced on Verizon way back in Dec 2011.

The Note III (if there will be one) will probably have 5.0 before the VZ Note II does next year.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Like most carrier updates expect 6-8 month after the first nexus gets it. So spring 2014

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Probably a conservative guess. Jelly bean was announced in june 2012. The Verizon gs3 got jb in December. We may see it by end of the year,but most likely sometime early next year.

Btw, the worse I have seen for a high end device was the thunderbolt which finally got ics, probably 18 months after release

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Probably a conservative guess. Jelly bean was announced in june 2012. The Verizon gs3 got jb in December. We may see it by end of the year,but most likely sometime early next year.

Btw, the worse I have seen for a high end device was the thunderbolt which finally got ics, probably 18 months after release

Yes but the thunderbolt was released with 2.2. ICS on the thunderbolt was probably never planned for in its early stages.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes but the thunderbolt was released with 2.2. ICS on the thunderbolt was probably never planned for in its early stages.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

It should have come with gb.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I would start thinking about getting up to 4.2.2 first before jumping to any newer (unreleased/unconfirmed) OS at this point.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
This is a serious question? Even if a new OS is announced during Google's conference there's no guarantee of an exact date. It will be a very, very long time. Ask this again in 6 months and you'll still be waiting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87