"Your device doesn't have enough storage space to synch." - Low memory error msg

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
My stock un-rooted Verizon Samsung Note 2 phone went down to a pathetic 271 MB of available internal storage space. As a result, the phone couldn't do even simple things as synching my Gmail email account. There are probably other things the phone can't do as well due to running low on internal storage space.

This is the first time I've seen this message. Even a new icon showed up in the top left corner of the screen. It's the white color circular icon in between 2 other icons. That's the icon warning me of low available space. See attached screenshot picture.

Am I the first to encounter this problem? Am I the all-time low memory leader? Do I get a prize????

Attachments

• Screenshot Low Memory Samsung Note 2.png
    Screenshot Low Memory Samsung Note 2.png
    118.9 KB · Views: 28

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Your the first I've seen not able to figure out that stuff takes up space on a phone. Maybe you need to clear what you don't use and not need off your phone or maybe install an SD card to store music, photos, podcast, documents, and other downloads. That way your internal memory will stay clear unless you download a lot of apps. Next time if you want more storage you might want to shoot for a phone with greater internal memory. If you had a phone other than the Galaxy Note II you might be stuck if it doesn't have a micro sd card expansion slot.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. You must be correct that I can't figure it out........

You should be able to click on each category. That may bring up a list that details what each category consists of.
Another thing to try is clearing cache in recovery.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Please keep the discussion civil and on-topic. I suggest that those participating here acquaint themselves with the forum rules.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

GeekCop

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Clear your cache, move whatever you can to your SD card, and look at your miscellaneous files (there's probably stuff in there you didn't know you had). If there's items you want to keep, and aren't necessary for the operation of your device, you may want to consider moving them to a Google Drive or Dropbox.

BeresfordJohn

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I am also seeing lack of space message from Android 4.4 KitKat Tablet. It's easy to say there's insufficient memory space "so remove some stuff."

However, I have 16Gb of SD1 and 32Gb of SD2. I have moved several Apps "to SD card" with some success but....... I still get the message about being unable to synch.

Now it looks to me as if just 1Gb is allocated for the OS and other Apps. Some of these cannot be moved "without rooting." Whatever does that mean? A funny expression isn't it? So how do I do that? One large App of mine won't work at all when it's "MOVEd TO SD CARD"

This Android so full of promise but one needs a course to get into the right frame of mindful thinking. Anyone out there can point me to something understandable where the name of the game isn't just to show off how much gobbledygook can be uttered. Please....!
BJ

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch