Please help with EZ-Unlock

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I posted this up in one of the sticky threads and have not had a reply so I am asking again. I have rooted my Verizon GS3. I downloaded EZ-Unlock. When I open it all I get is a white screen. I have no idea why and I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm guessing I am missing something stupid, but I just don't know what. Thank you.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I posted this up in one of the sticky threads and have not had a reply so I am asking again. I have rooted my Verizon GS3. I downloaded EZ-Unlock. When I open it all I get is a white screen. I have no idea why and I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm guessing I am missing something stupid, but I just don't know what. Thank you.

I know this sounds stupid but are you for sure rooted?
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I am rooted. Good question though. However I never checked to make sure the app was given super user access. It's all working now. I was just being stupid. Thanks.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Sadly usually its something stupid like that and when you realize what the issue was you want to smack youself. We have all been there :p.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

When you open up EZ- Unlock you should not be getting a white screen. Are you still getting the white screen when you open it up? When you open it up it should look like this:

Screenshot_2012-09-24-12-31-23_zpsc702d7af.png

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Sadly usually its something stupid like that and when you realize what the issue was you want to smack youself. We have all been there :p.

The sad thing is that I have been waiting for about a week because I couldn't figure it out. Oh well. I'm up and running now with CM 10. Loving Jelly Bean!

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
The sad thing is that I have been waiting for about a week because I couldn't figure it out. Oh well. I'm up and running now with CM 10. Loving Jelly Bean!

Awesome glad you got it figured out Jelly Bean is great!

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Jelly Bean will never make you want to go back to ICS. I had it on my Nexus for months and it is amazingly good. I am running AOKP B3 with Lean Kernel 0.9.1 for testing the new AOKP out.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Jelly Bean will never make you want to go back to ICS. I had it on my Nexus for months and it is amazingly good. I am running AOKP B3 with Lean Kernel 0.9.1 for testing the new AOKP out.

What kind of battery life have you been getting running that kernel and JB ROMs?

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
What kind of battery life have you been getting running that kernel and JB ROMs?

Generally favorable results. JB ROMs will burn battery life quicker than ICS ROMs so you have to come and accept that, but the modified Interactive kernel that LK has seems to work well. I also use SetCPU to set a profile that won't let the CPU go above 486MHz when screen is off.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Generally favorable results. JB ROMs will burn battery life quicker than ICS ROMs so you have to come and accept that, but the modified Interactive kernel that LK has seems to work well. I also use SetCPU to set a profile that won't let the CPU go above 486MHz when screen is off.

Alright made a similar profile I'll post a result tomorrow sometime of LK and Cm10 M1

c4manceph

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm running CleanROM 5.6 (based on the on the latest Verizon released VRBLK3 Jellybean Base and De-Odex). In addition, I am running LeanKernel 1.6 and getting outstanding battery life. One of my runs lasted 2d 3h 14m, but on average I get 18h with 3.5h of screen time.