Order Problems (Canceled, On Hold, Pre-Orders, etc..)

facedown41

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon Cancelling Pre-orders. Anyone Else?

and in classic verizon form the go in circles around my real question.

My order isn't cancelled its processing, but she kept "thinking" the shipping issue was with fedex and not the obvious fact that it is a pre order and I want to know when verizon will ship it.

so annoying, I may just call up and be rude next time.

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

I preordered my phone on the first day at like 8am and i got confirmation emails and order numbers....yet when i go to check the status of my order...I get nothing showing up.

Are you entering the pre-order number for your order status?

12youngjedi

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah YoungJedi, I have no idea what's going on. Right now I'm waiting to hear back from VZW but I doubt I will at least until tomorrow when I get yet another email that I need to approve or the order will be cancelled.

This is the first time I've gone through something like this and what's odd is that no one there, including the supervisors or even their help desk can figure out what is going with my account.

In my last conversation w/them they cannot even tell what's what anymore w/my order, certain screens show approved others show cancelled and in others I'm not at all found.

Maybe it's a sign!

if that email keeps on going, can you even get the product?

why don't you try canceling your order and just order again? or try a different email?

facedown41

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site

Are you entering the pre-order number for your order status?

Yes i've tried both the "pre order confirmation" number which is 16 digits long and the "order number" which is only 5 digits long. Still nothing shows up for me, but they claim they have it in their system and it says processing.

mud314

May 18, 2012
Visit site
if that email keeps on going, can you even get the product?

why don't you try canceling your order and just order again? or try a different email?

I ordered the phone a total of 3 times and all three times the phone order was canceled. Their "help desk" tickets were not even touched. It has a been a big mess dealing with it, so I have decided to say screw it and wait for the phone to release and then wait and see what the actual reviews say about this phone. F VZW though, bunch of incompetent people. The only thing I did get out of it was a 30 dollar credit.

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site

Well mine went from "in process" to "cancelled" as of checking this morning. Great. Why is Verizon making it so difficult for me to hand them $250 for a phone and sign up for two more years of high priced service? I ordered mine in a Verizon corporate store.

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

Well mine went from "in process" to "cancelled" as of checking this morning. Great. Why is Verizon making it so difficult for me to hand them $250 for a phone and sign up for two more years of high priced service? I ordered mine in a Verizon corporate store.

sounds like there was something wrong with your order.

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site

sounds like there was something wrong with your order.

It is a mess. The CSR can't tell why it was cancelled, but it is. She is working to get it fixed, but is running into problems with the pre-order system, so it has to be escalated. To VZW's credit, this CSR seems like she is going to make sure it is corrected. They are supposed to be calling me back once everything is straightened out.

Nashcat

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
This will only bring more questions that can't be answered, but it's my understanding that orders that weren't placed specifically online have been more prone to having problems.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I know when I ordered mine ,I started to do it over the phone thats when the person on the chat line bacically said better to do it online instead,glad I did entirely online now.
Looks like now I may know why they said that ,"if most of the problems are coming from phone line, or in store orders".
I thought some people mention tho it was actually their credit card info that didnt match up exactly correct,once corrected problem solved as well.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

If your order was cancelled for no given reason I can see being pissed... But, you can just re-order if it means that much to you. I had to cancel mine the first day since I decided about 15 min later that i HAD to have the 32gb version instead of the 16... I called, they cancelled it, and 30 min later I re-ordered and everything is straight now. I have a hard time believing there is some mysterious order-limbo where your NE2 is being held hostage until after the 28th...

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site

Well we'll see. Like I said, I felt confident in this CSR to get it taken care of. Unlike other phone support situations I felt like she knew her way around the system and actually wanted to take the time to fix it, but she ultimately ran into some problems within the order system. Even sent me text updates while she was working on it at one point. I'm a little annoyed at this point, but as long as everything is straightened out, it'll be alright. Guess it is a good thing I checked before the 28th. I just saw the ship dates on here so I wanted to check mine.

She did say I would get it on the 10th due to my original order date of the 15th. Apparently normal orders placed now would be the 11th.

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Your Order is on Hold

Just got an email from Verizon saying my order was now on hold, and scheduled to be processed. Got it at 7:24 CST. Anyone else get an "on hold" message, and how long it took to get a "now shipping" message?

Hoping that means my order will ship in the tonight or Thursday? Would love to have this in my hands on Friday!!

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Your Order is on Hold

Same here. I just received an email about my order on hold. I have no idea what it means.

I received a message at 4:30pm telling me my order was on hold. I called and was told they were not able to process my credit card payment (Thanks to amex denying online cell phone purchases). While on the phone with Verizon, I also received an email (1/2 hour after the first one) saying they were unable to process my payment and give them a call.

So you might want to go ahead and call customer service.

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Your Order is on Hold

I called.....my card declined Verizon, so I had to call in and get that worked out....my card was fine, so who knows....anyway, I would advise anyone who got an email indicating the phone was "on hold" to call immediately.

Rep was unaware that phones were shipping out today, she said it would not ship till Monday the 9th, so I'm hoping that it does ship out Thursday....I bet it WOULD have shipped today, but with the stupid Bank declining the charge....

Last edited: