Disappearing email account

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Since I got the S3, I've been having it pull my email from a Hotmail account. This morning I noticed I had no messages of incoming mail and then saw that I have no email accounts on here. Any idea what happened? The phone was having issues connecting to 4G yesterday around my house and all I did was restart it a few times yesterday to try and resolve that 4G issue.

I've edited this to report that it seems to be continuing to have issues with signal. Up until yesterday I've been using the phone all around my house, including where I am sitting this moment. It currently says I have a 4G connection, but doesn't seem to be able to get anything. Chrome just timed out and so did an attempt to update Twitter. The 4G icon on the status bar just shows a green "up" arrow and the down arrow does nothing.

igadget2012

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I have no connectivity issues, but my email account also vanishes after a few hours or so. I've attempted three times, and each time it vanishes. I have a second email account (a microsoft exchange account) that has never disappeared.

jdrew1001

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I have the identical problem. Every day, at least once, my hotmail account disappears from my Galaxy S3. I then have to set it up again, and it reloads 25 emails, usually, the majority of which have already been read, filed or deleted. Microsoft Outlook company account has had no problem at all. It is getting so frustrating.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I am having an issue with the stock email program also. My business email seems to delete emails that are older than 7 days. I have set the settings to "Never delete" and it seems to keep happening.

sidge

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Mine just started today, woke up and two of my email accounts, (yahoo, MobileMe) were gone, my work (exchange) still was there, and i notice a huge battery drain all of the sudden, battery didn't last nearly as long.

THen i setup the emails again worked fine for a few hours and poof! disappeared, don't know what's going on, i did a virus scan showed nothing. But it's pretty annoying.

I have Galaxy S3, Tmobile

lisafaught

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I have had my phone for about 6 weeks. All of a sudden my email accounts start disappearing except for my exchange account. That one never disappears. I have found that this problem is all around out there but NO one knows how to fix it. This is really fustrating. Can no one help????

oldAGE

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I found the same issue with a Yahoo.com account. I also noticed that if syncing and available, it never received mail except on rare occasions. I was on the road and didn't even realize I was not receiving expected communications. Dumped the stock client and went back to K9... can be set and configured in innumerable ways and was reliable for the over two years I used it on my previous handset. Not even looking back... all accounts work like a charm.

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I have had this happen 3 times on my Live account, however it is just the contacts that disappear. All of a sudden I notice my text messages are coming in with just the phone number and all my Live contacts are gone. I have to delete and readd it.

oldAGE

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch