Buying a uses s3

datboijon

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I am considering buying a used s3 through craigslist. Assuming the esn checks out clean is there anything in particular I should check out on the phone to make sure I dont have a lemon. And also does buying this used mean vzw normal replacement policy doesnt apply if there is an issue. Thanks for the help guys/gals

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have found that as long as you are still within the manufacturers warranty, they really do not care where you bought it. I would suggest what they do not know will not hurt them

sent from my sgs 3....yeah really

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I tried 3x to buy from Craig list. Asked them in my email if they would meet me at a VZW store. Never heard a word back from any of them. Makes me wonder if the phones were legit.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I tried 3x to buy from Craig list. Asked them in my email if they would meet me at a VZW store. Never heard a word back from any of them. Makes me wonder if the phones were legit.

Probably not. I had a similar situation where the person wouldn't do the deal unless I met him at a location that he picked because he quote on quote don't trust people. I suggested meeting at the mall then said ok then how about a police station. Even one close to him and he still didn't want to deal so I said f**k it lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Yup I got my S3 from Swappa.com, 2 weeks old and a lot of accessories for a great price. Love that site.

datboijon

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I completely forgot about that site. Thanks for the idea. Anyone have any other things to look out for when buying a used s3

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I completely forgot about that site. Thanks for the idea. Anyone have any other things to look out for when buying a used s3

I've noticed that a lot of the phones ate rooted on swappa and for me that might be a deal breaker because if I'm going to root I want to do it myself, other then that look for the phones that are considered mint. Swappa is no joke and from here on out I'm bypassing Ebay and C.L. because they are both a pain to deal with especially C.L. I was going to sell my razr maxx when i first went to buy me GS3 and all i got were people trying to scam me or the best was would you accept a trade for a lionel train set that is worth $400. I e-mailed the dude back and asked if he was kidding.

datboijon

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Yea cl definately has its share of weirdos and scammers. But something about buying a phone that's already rooted feels weird. But even the ones that aren't could have been returned to stock before they put it up for sale.
Most gs3 on swappa are going for 5 and change but amazon is selling for 599 so might be better off getting a brand new one with a.guaranteed warranty.

datboijon

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
So for ou guys that bougt used phones do you just go through Samsung if you have an issue?

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
So for ou guys that bougt used phones do you just go through Samsung if you have an issue?

It's odd because I review phones a lot and stick my sim card in a lot of phones. :)

Verizon doesn't seem to know what phone you have just when you bought a phone.

Buying used phones, I've never had issue with Verizon not serving my phone if it has issues. Samsung is an option, but if you have insurance on your line, it doesn't seem to matter where you got your phone from.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Not that I have bought many, but when an issue comes up I tell everyone on here just to call Verizon. They are much better with replacing them

Sent from my SGS3...yes, it is better than you think

datboijon

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Thank you last two guys for your answers that defineatly puts me at ease and makes me a lot more comfortable buying a 500 dollar used piece of electronics.
I'm currently using my broken down thunderbolt and can't wait to get something new.

Sent from my POS THUNDERBOLT using Android Central Forums

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Thank you last two guys for your answers that defineatly puts me at ease and makes me a lot more comfortable buying a 500 dollar used piece of electronics.
I'm currently using my broken down thunderbolt and can't wait to get something new.

Sent from my POS THUNDERBOLT using Android Central Forums

Do you have insurance? As long as you have it on the line it will transfer to the new phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non