Wow, Horrible Replacement

mrtinydave

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
So i had to go in for a replacement for my S3 for multiple issues(horrible 4g connectivity, duplicate messages, wifi connectivity issues and there are a few others i forgot.) So they overnight me a like new replacement which i am fine with. Spend a better part of 2 days setting it up to my liking. I then go to check my voicemails and low and behold my earpiece is non functional. No sound comes out of it what so ever. Works with a headset plugged in and on speaker. Gonna be going in bright and early to see what they can do. Its sad because i love the phone so much but if i keep having so many problems i will see what kind of phone they can give me to replace it even though i would hate to have to give up the awesome s3 but in the line of work i am in i need a phone that works

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
So i had to go in for a replacement for my S3 for multiple issues(horrible 4g connectivity, duplicate messages, wifi connectivity issues and there are a few others i forgot.) So they overnight me a like new replacement which i am fine with. Spend a better part of 2 days setting it up to my liking. I then go to check my voicemails and low and behold my earpiece is non functional. No sound comes out of it what so ever. Works with a headset plugged in and on speaker. Gonna be going in bright and early to see what they can do. Its sad because i love the phone so much but if i keep having so many problems i will see what kind of phone they can give me to replace it even though i would hate to have to give up the awesome s3 but in the line of work i am in i need a phone that works

Welcome to the world of Verizon warranty replacements. Its a long battle to get one that works properly. I got a device from the insurance that had a back panel that didn't fully snap on correctly so whatever case I wanted to use didn't fit correctly.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I wouldn't blame the S3 on that one. That's Verizon. Can/will happen on any model you'd need a warranty replacement.

mrtinydave

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Here's and update. Got the replacement for the replacement and it worked great but with all the problems I felt I should be compensated a little bit. Talked to a supervisor and it was decided that I would be sent a case and said case is the otterbox defender. I feel I was compensated well for having to deal with getting 2 replacements and having to send 2 back

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the world of Verizon warranty replacements. Its a long battle to get one that works properly. I got a device from the insurance that had a back panel that didn't fully snap on correctly so whatever case I wanted to use didn't fit correctly.

Was LITERALLY going to say that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa