BEEP! Annouing beep whole night while wireless charging.
08-27-2016 03:40 PM
- Yeah, I can't spell. Meant to put "annoying" not "annouing."
Ok. So I have the S3 with the Samsung Wireless Charging cover and the Pad from Verizon.
I place it on to charge. Loud beep from the pad, a boink sound from device and vibration from device indicating its now charging. Cool.
3am. I'm awoken to a beep, a boink sound and vibration from my device with a message that says it's charging. Strange. Look at the battery, it's at 100%. Figure it's the full charge notification. Annoying. Look up online if I can stop it, consensus is no its a "feature."
Whatever. Go back to sleep. From that point on, every 5 minutes what happens? Beep boink vibrate with the message. Every 5 minutes. The whole night.
I had the phone on vibrate. On silent. On loud. Turned bunch of settings off and still did it.
Does anyone else's do this? Is it with the pad or the phone? The message that keeps going off is the same message when I begin the charge. It's almost like it looses connection and reconnects every 5 minutes. Needless to say, a big pot of coffee was in order in the am.09-24-2012 12:40 PM
- I tried it both. I used the volume buttons, I also switched it to silent. I noticed tonight it seems like right when the battery is at 100%, the phone disconnects from the charging pad. Then a few minutes later (or however long later, we all know how time flies when sleeping) it goes down to 99% and connects and starts to charge again (hence the reconnect notification, and the BEEP!) So it seems once charged, the pad disconnects the phone and when it realizes that its at 99% and needs charged again, it reconnects. Very annoying. I use Tasker to do a lot of things. At night, I have I USUALLY have it set to vibrate, but because the vibration is loud I set it to 5% volume and it wasn't as noticable, but the annoying beep from the pad is. Reading stuff online, it seems if you take apart the pad and remove the speaker it renders the pad useless. Weird.09-25-2012 03:53 PM
- settings > sounds> notifications...set it to silent at night. You're getting an email or charge is complete as you said in the middle of the night. There's an app called audio manager or something like that that will link all 4 different ringtones (for lack of a better term in my inebriated state) together, so then you can just use the volume key on the side of the phone...like pure Android will let you...I turn my ringer to vibrate, and set the vibrate on calls really low so it will wake me up, but not annoy me with a single vibrate. It sounds to me like your system ringtone is what's getting you. Turn it down, or set it for a ringtone of SILENT.09-25-2012 04:54 PM
- The beep is from the charging pad and not the phone. What is happening is the phone reaches 100% so charging turns off. It drains to 98 or 99% and the charging turns back on and you get the announcement beep saying charging has begun.
VERY ANNOYING FEATURE
- Steve11-16-2012 01:36 AM
- My wireless charging at night issue is the screen turning on when charge is complete. Then there is a VERY annoying bright light in the bedroom. I have ended up taking the phone off the charger and placing in Airplane mode until morning. I have reached out to Samsung on twitter about how to turn off the battery fully charged notification. I will update when I hear something.
UPDATE: Samsung Support USA @SamsungSupport
@perryspires Unfortunately there isn't a way to shut this feature off. We apologize for any inconvenience. Thanks! ^av
Great...11-16-2012 09:47 AM
- settings > sounds> notifications...set it to silent at night. You're getting an email or charge is complete as you said in the middle of the night. There's an app called audio manager or something like that that will link all 4 different ringtones (for lack of a better term in my inebriated state) together, so then you can just use the volume key on the side of the phone...like pure Android will let you...I turn my ringer to vibrate, and set the vibrate on calls really low so it will wake me up, but not annoy me with a single vibrate. It sounds to me like your system ringtone is what's getting you. Turn it down, or set it for a ringtone of SILENT.11-17-2012 08:00 AM
- 11-17-2012 08:04 AM
I use three touchstone daily with my S3. One at home, one at work and one mounted in my car. I bought the wireless charging back from Ebay( Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 Wireless Charge Back Cover White | eBay ), It works great! Charges faster than the stock charger that came with the phone.11-20-2012 03:02 PM
- 11-30-2012 12:49 PM
- My Samsung Stratosphere just started beeping and displaying a message while it is being charged. Like every incremental percentage .. for example, 15% charged, 16% charged, etc... I can't tell you how annoying this is AND it just started. I've had my phone for 4 months and its never done this before. This occurs with the wired wall charger. I can't seem to find any setting that would address this. I can put all sounds to vibrate, but that is not the solution. Any suggestions?12-27-2012 11:33 AM
- I'm going to try the 'blocking mode' tonight Its like a do not disturb (for ex Apple users)
You can toggle calls or notifications etc and have allowed contacts ie for those family emergency calls. May I'll get a whole night of sleep.
Well no luck there. Even with notifications turned of in the blocking mode still had beeps. But have noticed it doesn't do it all the time.
Tried apple charger aswell still beeps02-03-2013 07:53 AM
- I came to this thread with the same hopes of getting answers about the beeping. I have found no pattern to it. At first I thought the beeping was related to the phone charging but I have found it is random and sometimes it will beep every 3 seconds then sometimes it will beep every 30 seconds and so on. It is driving me crazy! If I'm watching a video you can hear the beep over the audio, when my phone is on vibrate the beep turns into a buzz. I have looked and tried every setting possible even if the setting has nothing to do with audio. I haven't had a chance to go into a tmobile store (my provider) but that is the only place where I think I will get answers. I thought I should share my story because alot of comments I've seen online in response to this problem are not helpful and if it isn't happening to your phone I don't think you can understand it. It isn't a matter of simply putting your phone on silent. That doesn't work. Good luck! (Also blocking mode did not work for me! I have a samsung note II btw)02-24-2013 10:24 PM
- I use Zens wireless charging kit for my note2 and my wife SIII. This sound and notification problem solution is very easy but root is necessary.
First root your phone.
Then install root explorer app or similar file manager for root partion.
Then go system/media/audio/ui
in this file some UI sound and notification files you can delete or rename 3 or 4 files about battery. example.( batterycaution, etc.)
This is solve your problem. Or other solution:
Root your phone
install xposed Installer from here :[FRAMEWORK ONLY!] Xposed - ROM modding without modifying APKs (2.1.4)(12.05.2013) - xda-developers
Then press install/update reboot phone then install xposed tweakbox module. in this model enable/disable battery full notification under battery menu.07-20-2013 08:18 AM
I use three touchstone daily with my S3. One at home, one at work and one mounted in my car. I bought the wireless charging back from Ebay( Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 Wireless Charge Back Cover White | eBay ), It works great! Charges faster than the stock charger that came with the phone.07-23-2013 04:57 PM
- I think Steve was asking about the Qi standard wireless charging pads/devices. It is a different 'system' or standard that won't work with the Touchstones. I too have the Palm Touchstone Galaxy S3 compatible battery cover/back like you, and it works pretty well, although it is hard to get it to charge/stay on the Touchstone with any kind of case. The Qi charging standard system will allow a slightly greater distance between the induction coils. For the Palm Touchstone, the distance between the coils has to be within 3mm. For the Qi system, it can be 5mm. There is a patch you can purchase and install inside your standard S3 back battery cover, similar to the Palm Touchstone patch inside the ones we got off of ebay. Because of the ability to charge (hopefully) though a case, I'm thinking about going for it. Right now, I can just get a charge going with my ZooGue Social case. Any thicker, it won't charge.
$42.46 Qi Inductive Wireless Charging Upgrade Kit for Samsung Galaxy S3 - US plug / works with i9300 / i9308 / i939 / i535 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Anyway, this product does indeed ship from Hong Kong. A couple days after ordering it I found out that the item was out of stock but would be in stock in a couple of days. Even with being out of stock and shipping from Hong Kong I received the unit in 11 days (counting weekends). It shipped on a Thursday and I received it in Eastern Pennsylvania the following Monday. Not bad for free shipping. So after a few days of using this charger here are my observations:
The first thing I noticed was that the wireless charging pad that is placed on top of the S3 battery inside the S3 does not add much, if any thickness, to the S3.
In fact, it allows me to use the STOCK S3, plastic rear cover and not some thicker separate cover I had to pay for. Even more important to me is the fact that my S3 fits inside my Otterbox Defender (OBD) case (both the plastic front and rear case and the silicone cover that goes over the back of the plastic case).
Now for the important stuff....This wireless charger will charge my S3 through the OBD case but I found that it does matter how one positions the S3 on the charging pad.
For some people (using the full OBD case) this may be a deal-breaker. For me, I could care less. What I found out is that my S3 will only charge reliably if I lay it across the charging pad cross-wise (9 o'clock to 3 o'clock). If I place it squarely on top of the charging pad so that it covers the entire pad (12 o'clock to 6 'o'clock), the S3 charges for a while then stops charging then starts charging again. After further experimentation, I found that if I remove the OBD Silicone cover the S3 will charge without starting and stopping
when I place it squarely on top of the charging pad so that it covers the entire pad (12 o'clock to 6 'o'clock). For me, that is not an option since removing and re-installing the silicone case every time I charge the S3 is a PITA and will stretch it in no time. For those here not using a case as thick as the OBD case, you S3 will most likely charge just fine when placed squarely on top of the charging pad so that it covers the entire pad (12 o'clock to 6 'o'clock),
For those with concerns about the beeping sound when wireless charging at night you will not have that problem with this charging system as long as you turn off the sound for notifications before going to bed (settings/sound/volume/notifications). I do this every night before going to bed anyway because I do not want text messages or emails I receive waking me up with the notification sound. As long as I turn off the notification sound, my S3 does not beep drops below 100% charger and begins charging again.
For those with concerns about the S3 screen coming on when the S3 drops below 100% charge and begins charging again this unit DOES DO THAT. I turn the brightness of my S3's screen down at night and have it on the far side on my nightstand so this does not bother me. Sometimes I just turn off my S3 and night before going to bed and charging it which is another way for me to deal with the screen coming on when the S3 starts charging.
Observations when Charging:
- The S3 does Ring when it receives an incoming call.
- If one has the notification sounds turned on for texts or emails the S3 will make those sounds when texts or emails are received
- The S3's wireless hotspot works fine to connect to my laptop
- Bluetooth connection to my Jambox works fine when I play music
- The S3 will charge the battery when running the wifi hotspot and playing music via bluetooth not just stop the battery charge from dropping
- The Battery temperature, the charging pad temperature and power adapter can get warm. How warm seems to depend on whether or not I am running the wifi hotspot and or bluetooth on the S3.
- The battery, the charging pad and power adapter do not appear to get nearly as warm if I am just charging the S3 and not using it at the same time.
- When not charging but still plugged in the charging pad is not very warm at all. The adapter is not all that warm either when not charging.
- The charging pad has tiny plastic feet and does not have rubber feet so it will slide on a smooth surface and possibly scratch furniture if one drags it across a wood desk, take, etc.
I use an old mouse pad under the charging pad so it does not slide on or scratch the surface I have it sitting on.
- When the S3 reaches a full charge the battery stops charging, the green charging light on the charging pad goes off and the screen on the S3 comes on. After a minute the screen goes off (as per my screen timeout setting)
When the S3 battery's charge drops below 100% the battery starts charging, the S3's screen will turn on, the S3 will beep (if the notification sound is turned on) and the green charging light on the charging pad goes on.
- I am running Android Version 4.1.2, Baseband Version I535VRBMF1
- I paid $42.46 US Dollars using my paypal account for this unit.
Sorry for the LONG post. I hope some here find this information useful. Wireless charging may not be the answer for everyone. This particular unit seems to fit my needs, it may or may not fit yours. The only question I have not is how long this unit will last. I guess time will tell.
As always, your mileage may vary so don't shoot the messenger if this unit does not work for you.08-08-2013 06:56 PMLike 2
Thank you for your long post...I like all the great info. This is encouraging. I have an OBD and knowing it is possible to use it on the Qi charger is good. That means, probably most any other case will work well. Currently I have a thin ZooGUE case that is working very well, but when I'm in rougher environments, I like to use something like my OBD. My belt clip broke though, so it isn't as good for me now.
The special Palm Touchstone compatible back I have is just a regular S3 back with the touchstone compatible induction coil patch attached on the inside and lined up with the special contacts the S3 has. It may add a millimeter or two to the thickness...but really it is more like a slight bulge. My S3 doesn't sit completely flat, it rocks back and forth a little bit when I lay it down. How does yours lay with the Qi patch installed.08-15-2013 09:28 AM
- Samsung Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S3
- Verizon Galaxy S III
BEEP! Annouing beep whole night while wireless charging.
- By daniel178 in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 5Last Post: 03-22-2013, 12:37 PM
- By phantomog in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 11Last Post: 02-15-2011, 12:15 PM
- By jjackson#AC in forum HTC EVO Shift 4GReplies: 0Last Post: 02-13-2011, 07:44 PM
- By digitalslacker in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 6Last Post: 10-30-2010, 03:47 PM
- By clabbin in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 7Last Post: 06-18-2010, 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD