Tethering for Gallaxy Siii

geddy1001

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
So I'm able to set up a Mobile Hotspot on my S3 through the Verizon app, my laptop is able to see the network and hook into it but it always hangs up on "aquiring network address" then times out. Throughout this process the only thing that didbt seem right was "portable hotspot" never showed up under Settings/Tethering. I thought we didn't have to pay to have a hotspot on Verizon anymore because they got in trouble with the FCC, I guess I'm not sure why I'm not abke to get hooked in. Any ideas? Thanks!

firetruck41

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
So I'm able to set up a Mobile Hotspot on my S3 through the Verizon app, my laptop is able to see the network and hook into it but it always hangs up on "aquiring network address" then times out. Throughout this process the only thing that didbt seem right was "portable hotspot" never showed up under Settings/Tethering. I thought we didn't have to pay to have a hotspot on Verizon anymore because they got in trouble with the FCC, I guess I'm not sure why I'm not abke to get hooked in. Any ideas? Thanks!

If you have unlimited data, you still have to pay extra to tether "officially". I just use the foxfi app.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

minnieusa

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
if you don't have unlimited be forewarned that verizon knows and they have the ability to jack up the mb's in 30 minutes. happened to me. they are crooks in that regard

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
First, you need to be on a Share Everything plan with Verizon for hotspot to be included. If you are still on an older plan, hotspot costs extra. Second, for allowed devices, you either need to enter the mac address of the laptop into the allowed devices section of the hotspot app, or just set to allow all devices. Also should set up wpa2 security on the hotspot and enter the pw on the laptop to connect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo