Jelly Bean battery life

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Many of us just got the JB update OTA and with new updates its only natural that the battery life changes whether for the better or for the worse. So what is your battery life so far? And How would you rate it compared to the battery life you got on ICS?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jmaudi0

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
people just started getting the updates this morning...give it a week or so so people can get an actual proper understanding.

of course battery is going to decrease faster today with all the new tinkering and whatnot that everyone will be doing with jellybean.

PilotCline

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I had noticed about a 10% battery drop over an hour with the phone off sitting on my desk. Unheard of to lose more then 1% for me in an hour on ICS. Just reformatted, trying from scratch, will see what happens.

steraser

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Let it go for a few days before freaking out. When I got JB on my Nexus S3G the battery life was horrible. Exchange Services was a major issue and it helped some when I turned it off. The real improvement came 4 or 5 days later after I did----ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. That said, I have not noticed any major difference in my battery life after the update this morning.

kwright817

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I am attributing some to the updated Backup Assistant+ that can not be disabled in as it could in ICS. After updating, BA+'s NewBayService is running again and is sucking battery life:

Attachments

• 2012-12-14 19.49.jpg
    2012-12-14 19.49.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 51