Help picking an upgrade.

mpgo4th

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm on an iphone4s at this time. My last android device was the droid 4 at its launch. I have an upgrade coming next month and today I went to bestbuy to check out phones. I played with the iphone 5 for a few minutes but could not find any difference in my phone and it other than a half inch larger screen. I want a bigger screen and ios wont let me open up some attachments on emails because it doesnt support their format. Also lack of flash is geeting old. My question is should I go for the S3 or wait to see what the S4 has to offer. I love the S3 I played with in the store. The salesman had one and let me see his so I could tell real speed and how it worked on my network. I'm preety much just bored with ios and I'm welcome to suggestions on the latest and great androids i should be looking at.

Thanks

WannaBeYou

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I played with the iphone 5 for a few minutes but could not find any difference in my phone and it other than a half inch larger screen.
The iPhone 5 is 4G LTE and the iPhone 4s is 3G. That is a huge difference. You may not realize that not having had a 4G LTE device but it is a huge difference if you live where VZW has 4G LTE.

My question is should I go for the S3 or wait to see what the S4 has to offer.
Wait for S4.

david9962000

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I just replaced my iPhone 5 for an S3 and I'm very happy. Whatever you can't do with the iPhone you can with the S3 like customized keyboards, spare battery, notification...

The SuperUser

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
You're posting in the Samsung Galaxy Forums... Lol

Besides the above...the S3 is about 7 months old...I would recommend the Note 2 personally...(even though I have S3)

The S3 is a great phone..but for today and technology..its getting outdated inch by inch.

I Am The SuperUser

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Droid DNA maybe?...a bit newer...idk I love my s3 and I'm running jelly bean 4.2 on it. If you think stock jelly bean touch wiz flies you haven't seen this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jemckemy

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
You can't go wrong with the S3. Pricing is very good right now. If you can wait for the S4 it will be probably be the best phone of 2013. Either way you can't go wrong.

FDLuke

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
There will ALWAYS be something bigger and better in the pipeline. Waiting for the next best thing since sliced bread is a common practice but it makes little sense in the scheme of things. The technology is advancing at insane speeds. If you can tolerate the wait, the S4 is rumored to release in April. I have not followed Samsung phones before to know how valid and accurate rumored release dates are. Some of the specs do look impressive (and not the rumored 13mp camera). Check this link out for some more "rumored" info on the S4: The "substantial" Galaxy S IV rumors

That being said, the S3 is an awesome device (so far). I just picked one up yesterday as I broke my other phone and needed a new one. I came from a D3 with physical keyboard and that is my biggest adjustment so far. I have to say, typing on the stock keyboard is not that bad for me although, there are a few other options for keyboard on Google Play. The phone is very quick and responsive and still can be used with one hand as opposed to the Note 2 which is a larger device. There have been several documented issues regarding WiFi, reception and some other things. Considering that over 20 million devices have been sold, the issues found are not extreme by any measure.

Best Buy seems to have the better deal as of the time of this post. They are offering a $50 rebate on the S3. $149 for the 16gb, $199 for the 32gb. You can always wait for the best device and you'll likely always be waiting and agonizing yourself. I used to do this and found myself always waiting. Good luck!

nDroid3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I was in the similar situation as you. I came from an iphone4 and bought a razr M, switched to an iphone5 and then to a GS3. From there I went to a DNA and then back to the GS3 only wanting to go back to DNA.
I know, I'm a bit much when it comes to phones but this is why I joined the forums.

Both are great phones. The dna screen does meet its hype and gs3 user motion capabilities is a nice touch.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez