Has anyone gotten the Samsung Push Service app pushed to your phone?

Yeag3r

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I did this morning but have no idea what it is. There's nothing new for texts or anything and the listed reviews are no help for info....

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
It's used to push Samsung info for Samsung apps. If you have ChatOn installed that's probably why you have this. You can un install it from Play Store

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Android Central Forums

Yeag3r

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't see a Chat On in my phone anywhere. I guess I'll delete it. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to miss anything. Thank you!

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I got it this morning too. I don't have any chat on my phone and according to the application's settings it has nothing saved in the cache so I apparently don't use it. I wish they would explain what this stuff is for when they push it to our phones.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Uninstalling it may only lead to your phone telling you that there is an app update. You can try disabling it through Settings>Application Manager>swipe over to All Apps and scroll down to S...but it's a small file/app, mine takes up 1.46MB. Since it is so small, I am just going to leave it be.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 64394Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Are the Red Arrows big enough? Seem a bit small too me:D. All dry humor aside, I didn't have an option to uninstall. Titanium Backup did the trick.

Edit: Added screenshot with the option to "Update".

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-01-19-05-07.png
    Screenshot_2013-04-01-19-05-07.png
    238.7 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

cybermage

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Are the Red Arrows big enough? Seem a bit small too me:D. All dry humor aside, I didn't have an option to uninstall. Titanium Backup did the trick.

Edit: Added screenshot with the option to "Update".

Yes, but that's a screenshot for you. Not me. It doesn't even show as installed in the market for me. I was able to freeze it with Titanium. I'm thinking I might just finish removing all of the Samsung crap so it doesn't creep back in later.

What I found interesting... The web interface to the Play Store said it was not installed, but compatible with all of my devices including my rooted nook simple touch.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Its good that GSDer provided a screenshot for what her or his S3 shows. Yours and mine are showing two additional and different "views" in Play. Since I'm running a custom TouchWiz based ROM, the default Samsung apps that come with that ROM may/may not have a dependency or relationship with the Push service. In fact the Push service may not come with my ROM or I suspect the non-TouchWiz based custom ROMs. As eds817 and others noted, it looks like the Push service appears if the Samsung Chaton app is installed on the S3. Likely Chaton can be installed on a non-TouchWiz ROM.

I'm going to stop worrying about Samsung Push now, other than to thank it profusely for finally bringing some much needed and overdue rains to this part of Texas.

AJordanWise

May 16, 2010
Visit site
LOL! While the giant arrows really made me laugh, this does not uninstall the app itself, only app updates you have downloaded. If you look, it will still be there and will likely re-prompt you to install whatever update there was. Titanium to freeze or uninstall is the way to go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87