multirecipient texts

Lorroth1

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I can not send a text message to multiple recipients all of a sudden. Any one have any idea why? Not that it matters but the last few times have been to multiple i-phone users

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You have Mobile data turned on, yes? Group messages are classified as MMS and won't send without a mobile data connection.

Just in case, you could try turning Wi-Fi off before you hit the Send button just to force the phone into mobile data mode.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Lorroth1

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
You have Mobile data turned on, yes? Group messages are classified as MMS and won't send without a mobile data connection.

Just in case, you could try turning Wi-Fi off before you hit the Send button just to force the phone into mobile data mode.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Do I not need mobil data to send normal texts...It is always on

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Do I not need mobile data to send normal texts
No, regular TMs (no attachments; to a single recipient; 160 characters or less [this last item varies by carrier]) are known as SMS and use your cellular signal, not Wi-Fi or Mobile data.