Internal memory 1.48 dragging

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I have cleaned out apps I rarely use and still shows plenty of storage??
7e8ahesu.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383324211293.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383324211293.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 19

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you're saying that it still shows 5.32GB for Applications - yeah, that seems like a lot. But given that just a few apps can be using the majority of this space I don't find it unusual (ex. Google Play Music uses 1.63GB on my phone).

Scroll through the list in Settings -> Application manager -> DOWNLOADED, and you can see how much space each app is using. You should be able to easily identify the biggest offenders.

Edit: the default view is sorted by name; if you press the Menu button and select 'Sort by size' it'll sort them in descending order by size.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Very strange when I pull up size and even running. Nothing should be dragging the system down because only one or two of the items listed in top 10 high memory are running in background.
9y4u8a4u.jpg
ysynyjun.jpg

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
That's pretty strange - you don't have any apps using more than 500MB, so unless you have two or three hundred apps I don't see how those numbers can be right.

You can try booting into Recovery mode and clearing the system cache.

Otherwise I'd suggest the dreaded Factory Reset and look at the numbers before even setting up the account.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
That's pretty strange - you don't have any apps using more than 500MB, so unless you have two or three hundred apps I don't see how those numbers can be right.

You can try booting into Recovery mode and clearing the system cache.

Otherwise I'd suggest the dreaded Factory Reset and look at the numbers before even setting up the account.

Could you refresh my memory as the quickest way for Recovery Mode and clearing cache. I tried by the route found on A, but keep missing how to get to recovery mode.

Thank you

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
With the phone completely off, press and hold the Volume Up and Home and Power buttons simultaneously, and release them all when you see the Samsung splash screen. Use the Volume rockers to navigate the UI and the Power button to select an item.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress