- 11 Posts
Question after KIES 3 update
Not sure this is the right place for the question; if not, please forgive me.
I have the Samsung Galaxy S3. Ran the Kies 3 update this morning and now the phone won't sync via USB with PC computer. At the bottom of the "sync" screen where it shows the progress, it says it has encountered an error, but there is no further explanation ANYWHERE that I can tell to elude to what the error is and why and how to fix it. It will not sync anything- contacts or calendar (that's all I currently sync). Thoughts? Suggestions? (banging my head on the computer keyboard has been considered cuz surely that would fix it...) Thanks in advance.
- 02-04-2014, 02:04 PM #2
- 6,973 Posts
Re: Question after KIES 3 update
Kies was syncing prior to this install? It's not unheard of that Samsung broke something in the update - unfortunately, there's no easy roll-back function (unless you're diligent about using Restore Points).
Have you tried doing a backup in Kies just to be sure it's communicating with the phone?
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
- 02-11-2014, 02:03 AM #3
- By floib in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 04-01-2014, 10:14 AM
- By Sandy Gerli in forum AT&T Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 02-08-2014, 06:12 PM
- By SoHoodInHarlem in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 10Last Post: 02-06-2014, 05:17 PM
- By MrsJenSmall666 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 11Last Post: 02-04-2014, 01:01 PM
- By lklein1976 in forum Sprint LG G2Replies: 4Last Post: 02-03-2014, 10:04 PM