Question after KIES 3 update

kjkerr522

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Not sure this is the right place for the question; if not, please forgive me.

I have the Samsung Galaxy SIII. Ran the Kies 3 update this morning and now the phone won't sync via USB with PC computer. At the bottom of the "sync" screen where it shows the progress, it says it has encountered an error, but there is no further explanation ANYWHERE that I can tell to elude to what the error is and why and how to fix it. It will not sync anything- contacts or calendar (that's all I currently sync). Thoughts? Suggestions? (banging my head on the computer keyboard has been considered cuz surely that would fix it...) Thanks in advance. :eek:

Kelly

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ran the Kies 3 update this morning and now the phone won't sync via USB with PC computer.
You installed Kies v3 for the first time, or you updated Kies v3 to the latest version? It would be helpful if you provided the exact version number.

Kies was syncing prior to this install? It's not unheard of that Samsung broke something in the update - unfortunately, there's no easy roll-back function (unless you're diligent about using Restore Points).

Have you tried doing a backup in Kies just to be sure it's communicating with the phone?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

MalkieM

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Samsung did break something when they updated from Kies2 to Kies3 and as you say it is impossible to go backwards once you have updated. Samsung did issue an update to Kies3 recently but that did not help....it still won't sync!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa