Verizon update today

pjcruiser

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else checked for a Verizon update? I tried today and was surprised to see there was one. It's not 4.4 or anything major like that but it is something. Check it out, am I the only one?

Posted via Android Central App

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
We got that and now the phone runs so sluggish, it's making the 4.3 update look good.

Verizon, where every phone update is better than the next.

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
My wife claims her battery is draining like crazy after the update. I have heard stories of this with other phones after other updates so I am hoping its an isolated incident and at worst she will need a factory data reset.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My wife claims her battery is draining like crazy after the update. I have heard stories of this with other phones after other updates so I am hoping its an isolated incident and at worst she will need a factory data reset.

I forgot about that too. My fiance has a pair of extended batteries with an external charger. Used to be the one on the charger would be full by the time the one in the phone was dead, but not since the update. Gonna try a cache wipe and see what happens.

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I forgot about that too. My fiance has a pair of extended batteries with an external charger. Used to be the one on the charger would be full by the time the one in the phone was dead, but not since the update. Gonna try a cache wipe and see what happens.

In theory it should be as simple as looking at the battery use in the settings to see what has been using up the battery. Somehow I doubt it will be that simple.

If it matters my wife has to have her phone encrypted for her work. Also she uses vpn. Maybe there is some attempted data mining going on and the fact that she has everything locked down and encrypted makes the process repeatedly run because it can't get what it wants ( Joking, every one loves a good conspiracy theory though, right!)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89