Verizon HTC One - Silly Question

Jo5329

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
In the whole of individuals having serious problems with their phones, I'm going to stick my neck out and ask about a silly one.

Like a lot of people I love playing Angry Birds. I had all of the various versions on my HTC TB and wanted to at least put a couple on the One.

Okay - I know I have old eyes and need reading glasses, but heaven help me ... when I install the game and bring it up everything is so tiny I can barely play at all! I actually have tried twice to play a version but I have to squint "with" my reading glasses on.

So - is there anything I can do, or am I just not going to be able to use the phone for that game?

TY - and stop laughing now ;)

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well honestly that's entirely up to you. Stronger reading glasses can be had at your local $1 store. LOL. If you are like me I understand what you're saying. I like to zoom all the way out to see the whole board, but if you watch some of the YouTube vids that are out there to show you how to pass levels and find hidden things they all seem to play in the zoomed in view. It may take some practice but playing all the way zoomed in or somewhere in between may be your only option if you're having that much difficulty. I do agree that things get really small real fast on there with AB. Another thing you may consider is unless you have a favorite, which I do and don't when it comes to AB, try one of the others. They aren't all made by the same people and I've noticed the zoom level is somewhat different from one to the other. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I too had the TB and then went to the Rezound and then to the One. What I found as I went from phone to phone that because the screen resolution is finer, everything gets smaller/thinner. The TB was 480. When I went to the Rezound which is 720 everything shrunk for lack of a better term. Do you remember going from the CRT to a flat screen monitor? Same thing. Now the One is 1080 so it gets even finer. Compare to a PC monitor and how you can change the monitor resolution and the same characters/fonts etc expand and contract. What I could read on the TB is now just a mere squiggle on the One LOL. I have found that through a combination of default font sizes and picking the right app that lets you adjust these can help a lot. For example Handcent lets you set every line, name, date, etc. to a different size which is great for us old blind people. Also, as Android has evolved it lets you do more than before like with the triple tap zoom.

Jo5329

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Vid - thanks for the reply. Wasn't sure if it was just me. I'm not big on the space or star wars versions. I'll try again zoomed in.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
You can change the default font on the one. Settings> display, gestures & buttons. Don't know if it changes anything else.

Last edited:

Jo5329

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I installed Rio and game play is much better than Seasons. But the settings and power up icons are itsy bitsy. I use my little finger to activate them. LOL

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy to see you found something that is working for you. It is an addictive little game. I used to be all about the three stars, and at one time in 2010 I had beat every level with three stars and found every secret for all of Seasons, OG Angry Birds, and I think Rio. All because I had to reset my phone twice and then got a new one. After all of that I gave up trying to get all the stars. I still try to find and get the secrets but any more I just try to complete all of the levels and what I get is what I get. Well have fun and I'll see you on the boards.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty