LED Indicator dimmer when charging after update

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Probably not a bad thing, after the 4.3 update the notification LED is not as bright when charging, but bright when flashing for notifications. Before I could see it on the ceiling at night. Anyone else notice the change?

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: LED Indicator dimer when charging after update

I'm going to take a guess and say HTC did this because they felt the light was too bright initially. Most likely so you can easily spot the difference between a message blink or charge light at quick glance.

(I know it blinks for messages but I mean a real quick glance lol)

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

Or maybe it was just too bright, because if you could see it projected on the ceiling that's pretty bright. May have been keeping people up at night. I never noticed mine being that bright, but with the tri-colored case it sits in a perforated mesh of holes that resembles the speaker grill and it's always a little hard to see at any kind of angle.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

Works for me, if I wake in the middle of the night I would have to cover the green LED it was so bright!

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

I agree that this is a good thing. Had to cover mine at night while charging previously, was way to bright.

Jonathan S

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Agreed, I noticed it too. With a Double-Dip case (which makes it hard to see anyways) I actually thought that it was a bug and wasn't on while charging at all. But I noticed it again this morning.

Definitely not shining on my ceiling at night anymore.

jeverts

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Drained faster, I'm in the process of running it down to 20 percent. I'll do that 2x, that's what helped originally

Dakotabaker98

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
dang, thats one thing im worried about. i wanna update really bad but im worried battery will just be terrible. can u post what u find out after draining to 20% twice? Thanks man!

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey anymore news about battery life after the update? Thanks!
Interestingly enough mine seems a bit worse. Had to charge before evening yesterday because for the first time it didn't go all day. I have now installed a battery monitor app which helps me optimize and also kill apps that I'm not using but stay on in the background so I'll be keeping an eye on it, kinda disappointing tho if this is the way its going to be. I love the ONE tho and shall adapt.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I didn't give it a second thought when I joined this thread, but now a few weeks in it's annoying. During the day I can't tell if it's charging, in the case in the living room I can't tell it's charging. I always have to touch it to see if it's charging. Wish it either worked like the screen dimmer or gave the option.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress