LED Indicator dimmer when charging after update

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I didn't give it a second thought when I joined this thread, but now a few weeks in it's annoying. During the day I can't tell if it's charging, in the case in the living room I can't tell it's charging. I always have to touch it to see if it's charging. Wish it either worked like the screen dimmer or gave the option.

Posted via Android Central App

I have found its more the angle that I look at it now that its dimmer. Its dim enough so that I have to sit up in bed and get to an angle where I can see the light coming out from under its housing.

legaldeejay

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I think they made it dimmer because some dude was in his car with the phone being charged and when the LED faced toward the sky, Air Force One happened to be flying over and within minutes the guy's car was surrounded by the Feds.

Posted via Android Central App

67GTV

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I meant to "Like" your post legaldeejay, not "Thank" you. But, thanks for the chuckle. :)

Re: the LED indicator, it is recessed in the speaker grille, and now it is not as easy to see when charging. But it was too darn bright before. Can't you sleepyheads just feel for the connected cable? ;)

I am dissappointed that the notifications still don't flash while charging. I could be mistaken, but I think it flashed on my old Incredible.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I have found its more the angle that I look at it now that its dimmer. Its dim enough so that I have to sit up in bed and get to an angle where I can see the light coming out from under its housing.

Yeah it's all about the angle, in a low light area, but even in bright light it's almost impossible. And yes 67GTV I could feel for the cable but between the kids and the wife my cable is sensitive and occasionally needs a nudge to get it to charge. So while I'm feeling I'll also angle. LOL.

sojourner353

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I am dissappointed that the notifications still don't flash while charging. I could be mistaken, but I think it flashed on my old Incredible.
This may help you out if you are rooted.

Look in /system/customize/ACC/default.xml or whatever your CID's xml file is:

<item type="integer" name="NMS_feature_led_flash_timeout">5</item> - change the 5 to 0 and you should get no led timeout.

<item type="boolean" name="NMS_feature_flashlight_during_charging">false</item> - change from false to true and the led will blink for a notification even if it's charging.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
It is dimmer but I am noticing that some apps that notify by led are not notifying. In other words no led notifications. Anyone else seeing this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel