Verizon HTC One: Can't share pics from gallery

Wynnsman

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Since this crappy kit kat update I've not liked the phone. Well today I can't share pics from my gallery. I've done a hard reset and still nothing. Kit kat sucks!

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

citypretties

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can't share pics from gallery.

I'm having the same problem. I can share if I go to the "ALL" screen and tap the share icon there and then choose what I want to share, but if I go to the individual photo the share icon doesn't function. I've done a reset and searched all the settings and preferences of every sort to see if I unchecked something, to no avail. I'm about to load the second system update to see if that fixes anything. I'm dubious.

citypretties

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

Well, I was dubious, but the second update has cleared up this problem for me. I can hardly believe it. I really hate system updates. I just want my phone to work the way it does and not change.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

Long press on the photo you want to share. hit share, select the way you want to share. or hit more if you dont see the way you want.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Well, I was dubious, but the second update has cleared up this problem for me. I can hardly believe it. I really hate system updates. I just want my phone to work the way it does and not change.

This has been driving me nuts...what is the "seeing system update" you are talking about? My last update was the Feb 8 version, my phone says it's up-to-date, but long-pressing on gallery pics does nothing.

Posted via the "Best Smartphone of 2013" One

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

I haven't encountered this issue. I read this post awhile back and recently have been doing a lot of sharing from my gallery app. The only issue I've come across is sharing from a service, which one I don't remember, however I was able to over come that by saving it to my device and sending it from another album. Are any of you still having this issue, if so please post what album you are trying to share from and type of file.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

I haven't encountered this issue. I read this post awhile back and recently have been doing a lot of sharing from my gallery app. The only issue I've come across is sharing from a service, which one I don't remember, however I was able to over come that by saving it to my device and sending it from another album. Are any of you still having this issue, if so please post what album you are trying to share from and type of file.

Pretty much anything in the Gallery app, say I'm paging through my Camera Shots in the Gallery one at a time, see one I want to post to FB or text to a friend, long-press on the pic....and nothing happens. I used to get a sharing menu, now nothing, so I'm forced to back out of that picture to the tiled preview mode, select the sharing menu, then hunt through the preview pics and select the one I want to share. Totally bass-ackwards to what I'm used to and to what is intuitive.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

I think the problem is the "long press". It doesn't work with a long press but a "short press" like a tap. At least that's what happens for me. Give it a try?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

I think the problem is the "long press". It doesn't work with a long press but a "short press" like a tap. At least that's what happens for me. Give it a try?

I get it either way, but the short press gives me little icons at the bottom of the screen. They the short press.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Oh good grief....nothing on a long press, sharing menu with a tap. Did that change with Kitkat or am I going crazy?

Last edited:

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

Pretty much anything in the Gallery app, say I'm paging through my Camera Shots in the Gallery one at a time, see one I want to post to FB or text to a friend, long-press on the pic....and nothing happens. I used to get a sharing menu, now nothing, so I'm forced to back out of that picture to the tiled preview mode, select the sharing menu, then hunt through the preview pics and select the one I want to share. Totally bass-ackwards to what I'm used to and to what is intuitive.

Just curious did any of you disable animations in the developer options? The last reason I can think of that this may be happening is a glitch where if the animations are disabled the menu stops working. Just a thought...

wakeupdecide

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

Just curious did any of you disable animations in the developer options? The last reason I can think of that this may be happening is a glitch where if the animations are disabled the menu stops working. Just a thought...

Yes you are right. This fixed it for me. I turned animations back on to 1x and restarted the phone and now the share feature works. Thank you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non