Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon HTC One on AT&T

So I would like to use my Verizon HTC One with my AT&T sim card, I have tried to change the APN to the correct settings, I can get voice and sms, although I can only get EDGE, which is not alright with me. All of the Verizon LTE phones should be globally unlocked as part of the purchase of the 700mhz band. I also have tried using a T-Mobile sim as well with their appropriate apn settings and still the same result of EDGE data.

Can someone please help me with this? Do I need to unlock the phone? Change the apn settings?

Any help is welcome. Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Verizon HTC One on AT&T

I'm sorry I cannot answer your question but I am in same situation and would like to know the answer as well. I have a Verizon Galaxy S3 using AT&T sim card and same thing, I've gotten the E (Edge) to work and it's definitely better than nothing but I want my 4G LTE back if any way possible! lol

It is already factory sim unlocked, there is nothing additional to unlock. The Verizon HTC One does not support 4GLTE on AT&T or T-Mobile.

Keep in mind there are different versions, the radios are different from Verizon and AT&T. If you have the apn settings correct then edge may be best that you can get

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Verizon cannot lock the sim but they can software lock the bands. the Verizon HTC One radio supports everything but AT&T LTE 1900mhz (Verizon uses the 750mhz band for LTE). So you should be getting HSPA+ or 3g depending on your area. Verizon has also blocked all forms of unlocking the phones using s-off and unlocking those bands, which means that so far it's a no go.

Verizon's EDGE band is the same as every other carrier and is natively supported as is voice and sms.

The phones typically have edge support but Verizon doesn't use edge.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro