On average, how long does it take...

DougD84

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
From the time a phone passes through the FCC, to the time it's released by a carrier?

In the case of the Vigor, (which we're all impatiently waiting for) which passed through WiFi and Bluetooth SIG (with Model # PH98100/ADR6425LVW) recently and has yet to pass through the FCC. Do you really think that with a little over a month to its supposed release date on Verizon that it will be ready?

I sure hope so. However, the track record of devices to my recollection take a while from FCC certification to actual release.

What do you guys think?

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I would say 2-4 weeks FCC to street, depending on how in the wild testing goes. That drives release dates more than when it goes through the FCC.

Reactions: DougD84

P_Land15

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Manufacturers can also ask the FCC to delay documents to the public to shield people from finding out about the release of phones. Happens a lot actually.

Reactions: DougD84

DougD84

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I did know that the FCC sometimes puts a hold on publishing an application at the request of the manufacturer (I just convieniently forgot it when I posed the question :confused:).

I actually looked back into the Thunderbolt files and re-discovered the fact that it was only approved four days before it's intended release date (Feb. 10 approved, Feb. 14 was supposed to be the date of release) and not the customary 2-4 weeks. The late approval probably caused the release date to be pushed back as a result to March 17.

Thanks for helping me understand the process. I appreciate it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty