First day GPS

Egnix

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
0.0 you're close to me! LOL

Perhaps there's a bug in the GPS satellites currently.

I work on the GPS program and can say the GPS satellites are working nominally. Even if there was a problem with one or more satellites, it would be set "unusable" so your receiver wouldn't use it in its calculations.

Drove to the store - solid lock, correct town. Got back and - bam - again in North Smithfield, Rhode Island. Inside the house GPS on yellow (GPS Test), at best a few satellites used. Interesting, though, why North Smithfield? Why not Acapulco?

Don't expect good GPS reception indoors. While some buildings do let the signal through better than others, you should generally have no expectations of a good GPS signal indoors.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Close in Rhode Island. I'm in MA on the RI border lol.

Anyway maybe your town in Maine is enveloped by a Bermuda Triangle bubble which has drifted northward since the turn of the century...

Or there's a kink in the GPS network for some reason.

So, stop messing up with my phone. :mad:

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey Simon, mind standing outside your house in "Rhode Island" and seeing if you can get a proper GPS lock? I think that would be handy to rule out the "your house is causing the issue" factor.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey Simon, mind standing outside your house in "Rhode Island" and seeing if you can get a proper GPS lock? I think that would be handy to rule out the "your house is causing the issue" factor.

Will do. What's interesting is that when I got the Network Extender and placed it on the windowsill (acc. to the instructions), it couldn't get a GPS lock. I had to attach an external antenna wire, open a window, stick my arm out, and wait in a freezing cold for about 15 min until the Extender got a lock. Which makes me think that the house is the culprit. Or maybe The Matrix around me is particularly thick.

Ravaloft

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I get an odd problem with navigator app too. When I head West on a particular highway in AZ gps yells at me to take the frontage road instead of the highway. Traffic is clear so it is not trying to detour me. For the heck of it I exited the highway and got back on but it hates AZ-101 Loop West.

I have noooo idea. Still love the phone though.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Checked. A step from the garage door got a lock within a minute, with the 9-12 ft accuracy. So, I guess I'm not returning my phone after all. :)

Schottinthedark

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
My GPS locks in quickly and GPS Test shows 9 ft accuracy and between 7 and 22 satellites. It shows me where I am all the time. my problem is when the map shows my trace, it is a jagged line on the map, not a smooth curve like I walked. Runkeeper (my run tracking program) shows that I ran about 30% further than the distance I actually covered. All the other programs I tried (5 or 6) seem to do the same thing. Any of you have a rezound that accurately measures your distance? or is it the phone in general?

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I can lock on a GPS signal in the Basement of my house on a clear night or day with my rezound something my Garmin car unit could never do i am very pleased with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non