Good grief, stock browser!

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been playing around with the browser lately, and I caught one annoying issue that I'm hoping someone here can help me solve.
Whenever I long press on a link to open in a new window, it decides to bring up the highlight/copy tool.
And whenever I try to copy/paste, you guessed it, it brings up the menu to open in a new window.

How the hell do I make it do what I want it to? I'm wondering who the hell authorized the decision to have a long press perform two different functions.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
i was having the same issue, I switched to Dophin HD and really like it, but I havent tried out any of the other browsers.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
i was having the same issue, I switched to Dophin HD and really like it, but I havent tried out any of the other browsers.

I hope there's something obvious we're missing. The stock browser works fine, but I'd hate to replace it just because of one issue.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I thought the stock one worked fine as well, but I like to open multiple pages, and really like the tabbed broswer on Dolphin. I believe opera and others have the same thing though. I thought its free, so why not try it :)

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I thought the stock one worked fine as well, but I like to open multiple pages, and really like the tabbed broswer on Dolphin. I believe opera and others have the same thing though. I thought its free, so why not try it :)

It gives me flashbacks of when I had my OG Droid.
I got tired of stock browsing, so I got Dolphin.
Got tired of stock messaging, so I got Go SMS.
Got tired of stock launcher, so I got Go Launcher EX.
Etc, etc.

It felt like I was running 2 phones in one. Not just because of the similar apps, but because the Droid could only do so much with those internals.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Yea I getcha there, this is my first android device, Im using SMSPro for messaging, K-9 for emails, dolphin for internet, but like the stock launcher

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
The answer is so stupid it's not funny. Long press to bring up the "selection" menu, tap else where then long press again = proper menu. Only seems to do this with text. Pictures it understands immediately.

Reactions: Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Sweet Jesus, MrSmith. I can't believe I didn't notice this pattern.
I tested it out just now. The first long press brings up the menu with options to open in new window, save link as, etc.
Tapping elsewhere, then long pressing the same link again brings up the copy/select text functions, as you said.
I still think it's idiotic, but at least I can navigate through it now. Thanks.

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I think the stock browser needs an update on all phones. On my old Droid X it stopped working so I switched to a different one. On the Rezound it started acting up, so again I switched!

boomerbsg

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
my first htc phone of my own, and my first nonmoto droid... I miss motos browser, my droid x was great.. But im too lazy to switch lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress